Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

Well since the start of the year, I've maxed out on loopholes...

• Boss LS2 not working properly / returned (back in!) - I guess technically a looper, rather than a loophole
  • Beat Buddy (not bass gear, still in)
  • Mosky footswitch (for Beat Buddy, still in)
  • Behringher MX400 mixer to blend in the Beat Buddy (not bass gear...)
  • Rockboard -  larger board ("allowed stuff") to add in the Beat Buddy, footswitch and mixer
  • Minotaur wide strap ("allowed stuff") - these 11cm straps are just great!
  • Helix Pod Go (bought off here, but it's not for me, but for our guitarist who has a ridiculously heavy 12kg pedal board set up)

So despite getting all the above, I was technically still in, until I added...

Digitech Diva-control pedal. Apparently does the job better than Helix and I managed to snaffle a new one from Thomann for the same price as these seem to be going used...they've said they will be back in stock, shortly. Famous last words.

So dammit I think I'm properly out, or I will be if / when that Digitech pedal ever arrives. No excuses this time.

Still, I outlasted @AndyTravis and @bassfan so there's at least a little moral victory in that and the cost of all that new gear has been covered by sale of one bass, so still in the black!

Edited by Al Krow

35 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

You deffo didn’t outlast me…

just admit you failed really quickly and bullpooped your way around it…

you’re only fooling yourself 😂

I'll accept that if you're telling me that the bass "gift" you received was entirely unsolicited, with no hint from you as to what you wanted, and just came as a really nice "surprise" 😉😁

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2022 at 21:38, lozkerr said:

Well, I'm well and truly out. My other half was faced with a rather large bill for her car today and was looking at selling one of her guitars for well below its market value because she needed the cash. So I bought it instead. It's a black Gibson Les Paul Studio and it's hardly been out of its gig bag since new.

I guess I'll need to learn how to play it now...

I'm wondering if we should allow this one.  🤔  It was an altruistic purchase, it's not bass-related and it's not in the signal chain (especially if @lozkerrcan't play it). Do we let him back in?

1 minute ago, Richard R said:

I'm wondering if we should allow this one.  🤔  It was an altruistic purchase, it's not bass-related and it's not in the signal chain (especially if @lozkerrcan't play it). Do we let him back in?

Yeah. Let him in.

My wife got some new shoes this week and I had to restore balance with the stingray.

Al Tru Istic if ever I saw it 🥴

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Richard R said:

My apologies!  I blame the tiny profile pics and my aging eyes.

The only vote was in favour,  so I guess you're in with 100% of the vote. Unless @bassfanoverrules.

Motion carried. If it’s not bass related or or in the signal chain everyone is happy 😆 

• Thanks 2