Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

On 26/01/2022 at 13:45, Al Krow said:

And this recently released on bass. I've skipped to 7.28 so you can hear how it sounds:

Finally listened to this.  I like it!

I'm struggling a little to imagine it sitting in our church worship band though, so it's not going to be on my purchase list 😇😎

Despite having a new bass on the way i'm still in. The reasoning is , the Mrs bought it for my upcoming birthday. This gives me 3 excuses. 1 - she bought it. 2 - its out of stock for a couple of weeks which takes us into February anyway. 3 - my birthday isn't til next month anyway.

By my reckoning , i'm still in this 

• Like 2

Just now, Thump said:

Despite having a new bass on the way i'm still in. The reasoning is , the Mrs bought it for my upcoming birthday. This gives me 3 excuses. 1 - she bought it. 2 - its out of stock for a couple of weeks which takes us into February anyway. 3 - my birthday isn't til next month anyway.

I seem to recall gifts from other people are exempt?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thump said:

I think you are to 👍🏻

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That can’t be right can it? You’ve bought something, but then sell it?!? I can almost understand it if you sent it back from whence it came, but selling it on?

what if I send it to the shop that sold it to me and they then sell it as a used bass? Then I am back in, right as I only temporarily bought it from them? Kind of rented it 😉 

30 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That can’t be right can it? You’ve bought something, but then sell it?!? I can almost understand it if you sent it back from whence it came, but selling it on?

or what if I say that I did not know that I bought a bass?

or that I did not know that it was a bass?

or that I did not know that buying a bass was against the rules of the gear abstinence club?

I clearly got ambushed with a bass. Not my fault 😎

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

what if I send it to the shop that sold it to me and they then sell it as a used bass? Then I am back in, right as I only temporarily bought it from them? Kind of rented it 😉 

Errr still no. 

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

or that I did not know that buying a bass was against the rules of the gear abstinence club?

I clearly got ambushed with a bass. Not my fault 😎

Guess what the answer to each of those might be 🤔

3 minutes ago, walshy said:

I’ve bought 6 basses, 2 cabs, 1 head and pedals. Ill probably sell them all so I’m still in right? 😂

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, we could change the rules and what really matters could be the difference between bought and sold gear. So, yes, as long as the number of sold basses, cabs, heads and pedals equals the number of bought ones, you are still in. 

I already sold four basses, have so far bought only one new one, so I am currently at -3. Therefore, I am still in and can even buy three more basses 😁  

12 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

For goodness sake man, snap out of it: you're a fine Spector owning bass player!

And NOT our typical audience.

Just now, Eldon Tyrell said:

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, we could change the rules and what really matters could be the difference between bought and sold gear. So, yes, as long as the number of sold basses, cabs, heads and pedals equals the number of bought ones, you are still in. 

I already sold four basses, have so far bought only one new one, so I am currently at -3. Therefore, I am still in and can even buy three more basses 😁  

Yeah, good plan. We could call it the "Gear try out thread challenge 2022"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1