Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

4 hours ago, Richard R said:

Finally listened to this.  I like it!

I'm struggling a little to imagine it sitting in our church worship band though, so it's not going to be on my purchase list 😇😎

The Macrodose - how is it possible that you liked it? I have it on very good authority that "it's aesthetically marvellous, but sonically plebeian"  or as @bassfan succinctly put it: "it looks pretty."

I do get the hesitation about using it in the church worship group, though, unless you were playing something covering off Creation or just possibly the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Tomorrow headlines:

”Basschat thread descends into Anarchy”

It's about as close to punk as many of us 50+ year old bass players are likely to get these days (with several notable exceptions! Me sadly not one).

Edited by Al Krow

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

It's about as close to punk as many of us 50+ year old bass players are likely to get these days (with several notable exceptions! Me sadly not one).

Cool, 50+ olds and punk remind me of these videos. Check them out 😎

44 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

The Macrodose - how is it possible that you liked it? I have it on very good authority that "it's aesthetically marvellous, but sonically plebeian"  or as @bassfan succinctly put it: "it looks pretty."

I do get the hesitation about using it in the church worship group, though, unless you were playing something covering off Creation or just possibly the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

"Sonically Plebeian". 😁  Now how do I change my Basschat signature 🤔 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

If it’s like the Subdecay Prometheus then that’s pretty accurate. Very meh. 

Well we made it through January with barely a casualty , personally i reckon i can go quite a while without feeling the need to splurge some cash on miscellaneous gubbins.

The Mrs offered my next bass for my birthday so i escaped new instrument GAS easily there. Only had to buy a new bridge , tuners , pickup , pots , knobs , strings...... 

39 minutes ago, Thump said:

In an exam situation , would this still be an A? 

Depends on what the the exam is:

If little Jonny has 30 friends and 7 have zero will power what percentage of Jonny’s friends are happiest 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bassfan said:

Only 23.3 % of those signed up. 😂

If I get a Boss LS2 to replace my replacement one sent back, but use it as a little mixer to blend in a mic and not as a line selector, I'm assuming that's ok as it's not being used as 'bass gear'? 

49 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If I get a Boss LS2 to replace my replacement one sent back, but use it as a little mixer to blend in a mic and not as a line selector, I'm assuming that's ok as it's not being used as 'bass gear'? 

I’ll leave that to your conscience to decide …

2 hours ago, bassfan said:

Depends on what the the exam is:

If little Jonny has 30 friends and 7 have zero will power what percentage of Jonny’s friends are happiest 😂😂

Well if that's really an exam question, then I'll critically say: where is the link between "will power" and "happiness"? Where is the empirical evidence for this hypothesized relationship? 

Well, I guess now you know why I wasn't popular in school (or university or work) 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Well if that's really an exam question, then I'll critically say: where is the link between "will power" and "happiness"? Where is the empirical evidence for this hypothesized relationship? 

Well, I guess now you know why I wasn't popular in school (or university or work) 🙂

That was question 2 on the exam paper

4 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

You're supposed to provide that as part of the answer. It's a 25 mark essay question in Philosophy And Ethics, not a 2 mark Maths question as we originally assumed.

• Haha 1