Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

3 hours ago, Richard R said:

What is it?  Is there an NBD post? My daughter says the fretboard looks like the swirl cakes she makes for friends' birthdays, but I assume it isn't chocolate and vanilla?

Alpher Mako, and I bet pale moon ebony tastes nicer than chocolate and vanilla.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2022 at 15:39, Al Krow said:

Well since the start of the year, I've maxed out on loopholes...

•  

Loopholes?

I'm going to use my Boss ME-50B with guitar as well. Some of the distortions work quite well, the delays and compressors are the same, and the modulation fx don't sound any different.

Does this mean I'm still in?

Some routine maintenance a day keeps the GAS monster away.  Last night I shielded my G&L CLF L-1000 (see rant in Tech forum).  Tonight I took care of some annoyances on my Epiphone Jack Casady - namely that the Epiphone E on the pickguard was only stuck down in one place and the pickguard had developed an annoying sympathetic rattle when certain notes were played.

So some careful use of double sided tape for the E and a general tightening up/adjustment of the pickguard later and it's all solid again, no rattles and the E is stuck down flush on the pickguard again.  Feels better knowing that's taken care of.

1644871646548.thumb.jpg.16f8e4f5091c12b30a473d04f77f1079.jpg

Then I played some tunes.

Hang in there, bassfolk.  Abstainence isn't easy, finding little ways to amuse oneself within the confines of the gear you have is key to lasting the course...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gapiro said:

I've had a windfall of £1800 in teh form of rediscovered premium bonds, given as an inheritance when I was a little un

I'm debating if I want to put it as a deposit for the bass I've always wanted 
Or
towards the kitchen refurb we need to do....

I guess in the spirit of this thread I'd have to say... k-kitchen?

That was difficult to type ;)

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 09:21, Machines said:

I'm doing alright, seen a couple of well priced basses but nothing i'd keep. Since selling 2, i've put more attention on the ones that are actually here, which so far is proving to work well. So much so in fact, i'm considering selling one more of them, but knowing the money would very much burn a hole in my pocket. I'm not sure I have a 'gap' that needs filling, in terms of tone currently.

This is a stupid challenge and I'm out, but I beat @AndyTravis so that's all that matters.

• Haha 5