Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

What's a lunch mob and where do I order? 😂

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

My thoughts exactly. 

edited.  Ironically I was eating lunch at the time of enabling you pair to be sarcastic. 😂 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Is the Gear abstinance challange for bass gear only?

So far this year I've bought a multifx pedal (Zoom MS-50G £50) and an acoustic guitar (Vintage Statesboro parlour - a blummin' bargain at £30) so if it isn't bass-only I guess I've failed the G.A.C.

It’s bass only😃 Is the multifx for bass? 

22 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Is the Gear abstinance challange for bass gear only?

So far this year I've bought a multifx pedal (Zoom MS-50G £50) and an acoustic guitar (Vintage Statesboro parlour - a blummin' bargain at £30) so if it isn't bass-only I guess I've failed the G.A.C.

In other words - Are you an addict if you’re on a methadone programme?

• Haha 1

This thread must have an old Jedi mind trick going on.

I`m sitting here with some paypal cash and money for my birthday, not a lot but new Squier cash for example. And I can`t find anything to spend it on, nothing is grabbing me saying "buy me, buy me!" Bass, amp, bits and pieces, nothing is doing if for me. The wife thinks it my age. :/

I think we should start another topic where we can tell this topic to shove it where the sun don`t shine and spend, spend, spend!!

4 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

I`m sitting here with some paypal cash and money for my birthday, not a lot but new Squier cash for example. And I can`t find anything to spend it on, nothing is grabbing me saying "buy me, buy me!" Bass, amp, bits and pieces, nothing is doing if for me. The wife thinks it my age. :/

I think we should start another topic where we can tell this topic to shove it where the sun don`t shine and spend, spend, spend!!

Soon as you spend it you’ll find loads more things you want 😃

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Isn't that most of the rest of the site??

18 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

@Old Horse Murphydid you return the stingray? It seems to have reappeared on BD. Or are they just slow to delete?

I did indeed return it as it was a bit too heavy for me following my back op. Trust me to get the only fat Stingray Special! Such a lovely bass too and absolutely spotless, but I swapped it for a lovely Stingray Special 5 they had in stock. Mark was great and very helpful. 

The new Ray is strung with flats, so is quite different from my other SR5. 

A8A080D8-0EF6-4F47-B44F-F2FA17909CEF.jpeg

60BB3BB3-19A3-4059-A88F-8D8AF96785FD.jpeg

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 2

Just now, Old Horse Murphy said:

I did indeed return it as it was a bit too heavy for me following my back op. Trust me to get the only fat Stingray Special! Such a lovely bass too and absolutely spotless, but I swapped it for a lovely Stingray Special 5 they had in stock. Mark was great and very he,Paul.

The new Ray is strung with flats, so is quite different from my other SR5. 

A8A080D8-0EF6-4F47-B44F-F2FA17909CEF.jpeg

60BB3BB3-19A3-4059-A88F-8D8AF96785FD.jpeg

I was surprised you’d bought it after the conversation we had about my heavy P. Rays with flats are great.