Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

2 hours ago, Stofferson said:

I'm not socially attuned as I used to be, is the customer attitude as bad as it seems? I really can't be arsed with dealing with it haha

I've never had a problem with customer attitude. In fact they've always been very friendly and welcoming.

5 hours ago, Stofferson said:

I'm off this week and I'm tempted to head down (hour and a half drive)

Can you just rock up?

I'm not socially attuned as I used to be, is the customer attitude as bad as it seems? I really can't be arsed with dealing with it haha

Yes, you can just rock up, then it's just a 50/50 chance of either getting excellent customer service or being treated like a feckin' idiot. Best of luck.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Yes, you can just rock up, then it's just a 50/50 chance of either getting excellent customer service or being treated like a feckin' idiot. Best of luck.

Been and home, got a new bass, I believe it was Marcus on the desk, was sound as owt, no complaints!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Needed a pre amp pedal as quick as , for the weekend and ongoing , due to my Sonic Farm dying on me , and no one able to fix it that I can find . 

Checked various sites , and settled on a second hand Tech 21 Para Driver , from Bass Direct . 

Went online on Wednesday at work , and was ordered at 15:33 hrs . 

Got an E mail from Royal Mail yesterday at 14:09 hrs to say delivered . 

Can't fault that service at all . 

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Ordered a b-stock bass (MTD Kingston Z4) in December. 

I’d been watching it for months, just hoping I might get a Christmas bonus big enough. 
Bonuses were announced on 8 December, so at that point I knew I had enough. But when I checked it was still available, the price had increased by £100! I must have just been no more than a week late.

I phoned on the off-chance that there was room for negotiation, but before I’d even finished my first sentence, Mark said I could have it for the earlier lower price.

(He also delayed despatch so it would arrive on a day when my good lady was at the office!)

In short: super service!

• Like 10

I’ve had a mixed bag of experiences with them but most recent was a secondhand Barefaced Super Twin. Bought on a whim on night last December when I was home alone and unsupervised, arrived less than 48 hours later well packed and with a nice hand written note on the box. (Dubious idea that - advertising the contents! But a nice touch)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had some recent dealings with Bass Direct re an item that went missing in transit. Exemplary customer service, really couldn’t have been any better, a big thumbs-up from me.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ever had any issues with emails from BD not arriving? Either to Gmail or Hotmail (Outlook)?
They seemingly receive mine, bit responses not arriving to either account, very strange!

Si

If bass direct have a domain name associated email host and they haven't recently updated their security certificates, then a lot of free emails services like Gmail etc. will be blocking what they send, as part of their attempted clamp-down on spam. If Bass Direct's email host is any good they will eventually be doing this for them, but if they are with someone popular it may take a couple of weeks to implement. Bass Direct could do it themselves (it's fairly easy so long as they follow the instructions to the letter, I've had to do it recently for an email service I administer), but until enough people complain I suspect it won't be high on their list of priorities.

22 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

If bass direct have a domain name associated email host and they haven't recently updated their security certificates, then a lot of free emails services like Gmail etc. will be blocking what they send, as part of their attempted clamp-down on spam. If Bass Direct's email host is any good they will eventually be doing this for them, but if they are with someone popular it may take a couple of weeks to implement. Bass Direct could do it themselves (it's fairly easy so long as they follow the instructions to the letter, I've had to do it recently for an email service I administer), but until enough people complain I suspect it won't be high on their list of priorities.

Well that's frustrating! Obviously I could call, but I've requested some specific photos to be sent and they won't send them on Instagram for some reason.

Thanks for the info!

Si

8 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I get the marketing emails on the sunday from them. Don't seem to be as quick with the updates to the effects pedal I sent back to them a few months ago to fix.

Yeah same, looks like they come from a different email system though?! So seemingly not effected by this certificate issue mentioned above.

Cheers
Si

Edited by Sibob

27 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Has anyone ever had any issues with emails from BD not arriving? Either to Gmail or Hotmail (Outlook)?
They seemingly receive mine, bit responses not arriving to either account, very strange!

Si

I've just bought a Bass from them and quickly received a series of emails (order received, order complete, feedback request) to my Hotmail account, no problem (but they do automatically go to Junk mail until marked as 'not Junk'). And the Bass I bought pretty much immediately then changed status on their website from 'available' to 'preorder now'. I also phoned up earlier and got a quick answer and helpful response. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SumOne said:

I've just bought a Bass from them and quickly received a series of emails (order received, order complete, feedback request) to my Hotmail account, no problem (but they do automatically go to Junk mail until marked as 'not Junk'). And the Bass I bought pretty much immediately then changed status on their website from 'available' to 'preorder now'. I also phoned up earlier and got a quick answer and helpful response. 

For sure, they're quick enough in Instagram....just not sure how to get photos from them now haha.
I wonder if the ordering emails are again from a different system to what @Woodinblackmentioned?!

Si