Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

9 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

Crikey just stumbled on this thread and I’ve just ordered some strings this afternoon. Have to say the buying experience was fine and I got more than one email confirming the order and later that the order is now complete. 
However no indication of when it will be shipped although I expect that will be by his majesties postal service. 
I’m keeping fingers crossed, at least until the next gig. It’s not a huge amount and I did pay with a credit card. 
Although the payment provider does offer ApplePay it rejected my effort to use it. The credit card I eventually used is the same one as I use on ApplePay. 
If Marcus is reading this and it is a new site it might be a glitch worth investigating. 

BD are my go to for strings and have ordered many sets over the years. Never had an issue and delivery is usually within 2 or 3 days from order. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MungoBass said:

BD are my go to for strings and have ordered many sets over the years. Never had an issue and delivery is usually within 2 or 3 days from order. 

Good to know thanks. I’ve never used them before but needing a set of medium scale LaBella DTB’s they were the cheapest option, even with the delivery charge. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Love posts like those.

"Shop delivers on goods that have been paid for shocker!"

:P

Yep. Everyone is review crazy these days. The minute you buy anything online, you are bombarded with requests to "rate us on Trustpilot", etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Love posts like those.

Glad you love it! 😁

I am just being honest and as acknowledged by @Cliff Edge providing a little bit of reassurance. 🤞

I have provided my balanced opinions earlier in the thread - I will not buy anything expensive or pre-owned from BD due to bad experiences. I will also not send them anything to sell on commission, again due to a bad experience, but for strings, they get my business.

Edited by MungoBass
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Love posts like those.

Conversely, if there weren't a few posts like that, the only things said about BD would be negative. Like if there was a lot of criticism of the website being old-fashioned and not reflecting the actual stock situation, and they updated it, and all that happened was the new website got slagged off...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, OC-2 said:

Hi - Marcus here from Bass Direct, firstly a big apology to anyone who has not received first class service from any of us who work at the shop, it’s simply not good enough.

The first point i would like to make is that the old site had no stock control system on it whatsoever, and relied on me or the other guys relaying items that had sold to Mark, who at the time was the only person with any access to the website to modify/adjust etc.

Secondly, in terms of any late payments, missed payments etc, me and the colleagues have nothing to do with payments or accounting, we never have done, this solely lies with Mark, who currently is on holiday and continues to be until late August (so these can be slow), all we can do as colleagues again is pass on information to him and hope things are processed as quickly as possible.

In terms of actual service in the shop and via emails, we really do try our best, it’s not easy when juggling a thousand jobs at once, especially when it comes to incorrect stock levels and general misinformation, which is something that should (mostly) be a thing of the past due to the new website with live stock levels, bare with us while we get everything completely sorted and up to date on this.

If anyone has any outstanding issues or wants to talk openly about anything regarding previous orders or current issues then please make any emails out to me and I will personally see that they are dealt with with the most urgency, failing that just drop me a private message here.

Sorry again on my behalf and I can only say I will be better from here on.

Awful shop and awful post, sharing the poor internal workings at BD and pointing the finger at Mark. 

It may well be the case but sharing the info publically is poor form. 

Reduces confidence for me not increase it. 

Edited by bagsieblue
  • Like 2

Wow .. that’s very unprofessional to  blame work colleagues or the owner / boss etc 

Ive only had very good service from them and would happily use them again but I think a bit of training into responding to issues should come from the top or an appointed manager who’s pay grade reflects the responsibility of customer service. 

I hope that’s not seen as criticism but so many good companies struggle due to poor customer service and often circumstances compound matters further 

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MungoBass said:

will also not send them anything to sell on commission, again due to a bad experience. but for strings, they get my business

I thought i was the only one.  My strings though,  are bought anywhere else

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm in the minority but I like the new website.  I've bought and sold with them over many years and not had many probldems, when there has been its been rectified quickly but i tend to use that old fangled thing they call a telephone.  Its great having a bass specific store.

Edited by Royaly T
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else finding that literally every single link in the latest Bass Direct email takes you to something completely different? Tried clicking on 5 of the thumbnails and all of them bring up totally unrelated products. Bit poor really - also completely unsurprising.

Edited by binky_bass

5 hours ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Yes. Same here. Clicked on a Retrovibe Vantage and it took me to a Cort bass. Possibly a problem with the email campaign software they're using rather than something Bass Direct have done.

Yes, that Retrovibe caught my eye too and had to find it using the filters, as I had the same redirect to a Cort.