Jump to content
mcnach

Annoying audience members - band responses

Recommended Posts

I was reading about how a bass player in another band dealt with an audience member who was not behaving very well... and it led to finding a few videos of different bands reacting to various situations. Some more deserved than others, but all 'entertaining' in some way...

I'm not here to propose violence as a way to solve our differences... but sometimes, I have to admit, it becomes tempting. 

Now, here's a few examples of bands reacting to audience members who, really, should have known better...

 

First, the Keith Richards classic:

 

Then, there's Jesus Lizard... a guitarist who didn't appreciate an idiot launching and falling against his amplifier

 

Of course, there's Axel Rose... 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did hit someone who was spitting at us in the face straight on with the headstock of my bass many years ago. Back in my early 20s I had the energy, strength, anger and ability to do that sort of stuff (as in lift a bass guitar higher than waist height). Nowadays I’d probably criticise their curtains or something equally severe.

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the cause for Axel Rose one. He's a bit of a silly billy at best of times IMO and can't stand him to be honest with his wee petted lip.

Think there area few of Kiss having audience issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Back in my early 20s I had the energy, strength, anger and ability to do that sort of stuff (as in lift a bass guitar higher than waist height). Nowadays I’d probably criticise their curtains or something equally severe.

I originally read this as “Back in the early 20s”

We’ve met and you didn’t look like you’d already received a card from the queen... 🤔 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcnach said:

but my favourite so far is this, from JJ Burnell. Classy.

 

Of all the people to flip with, JJ would be right near the bottom of my list...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember seeing the Rollins Band, many years back, and one guy kept getting on the stage. Obviously he'd wait for Hank to be over the other side before doing it, then leap off as Hank moved towards him.
The guy then got his timing wrong and Rollins caught him in mid air and pulled him back on the the stage. For the rest of the song Rollins held the guy, one handed, behind him. The song lasted about 8 minutes. At the end of the song Rollins just stared right in to the guy's eyes and without saying a word threw him off stage.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Axl Rose came to take me on man-O-man I'd need at least a week to work up a shiver.  Ken Barlow coming at you with fists raised would be scarier.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CamdenRob said:

I originally read this as “Back in the early 20s”

We’ve met and you didn’t look like you’d already received a card from the queen... 🤔 

I`ve had an easy life 😂

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always prefer biting sarcasm as opposed to physical violence. On many occasions the provoked musician comes off looking like an egotistical fool, if not handled well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is, in my opinion, how it should be done.

Stop the show. Make it clear who the issue is with and that nothing else is gonna be played until the person responsible is gone.

Resume.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SH73 said:

 

 

I had never seen Steve angry... man, he looks scary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bartelby said:

Of all the people to flip with, JJ would be right near the bottom of my list...

 

Yup... 

That semi-grin at 25 seconds or so... I wouldn't like to be at the other end. It's the grin of the psychopath that knows is about to taste blood and he was hungry ;)

PS: not implying that JJ is/was a psychopath, just in case! :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bartelby said:

I remember seeing the Rollins Band, many years back, and one guy kept getting on the stage. Obviously he'd wait for Hank to be over the other side before doing it, then leap off as Hank moved towards him.
The guy then got his timing wrong and Rollins caught him in mid air and pulled him back on the the stage. For the rest of the song Rollins held the guy, one handed, behind him. The song lasted about 8 minutes. At the end of the song Rollins just stared right in to the guy's eyes and without saying a word threw him off stage.

 

Brilliant!!! 

That guy's intensity... he doesn't need to do anything or say anything :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get all this excitement about musicians stopping the show. I've done it loads of times, usually with the comment, "We'll be back in about 15 minutes".

:|

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bartelby said:

 At the end of the song Rollins just stared right in to the guy's eyes and without saying a word threw him off stage.

I can just imagine it. A stare that said "Just try doing that again. Please."

16 hours ago, bartelby said:

Of all the people to flip with, JJ would be right near the bottom of my list...

...along with Rollins.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Don't get all this excitement about musicians stopping the show. I've done it loads of times, usually with the comment, "We'll be back in about 15 minutes".

:|

OR "ok we'll leave" :laugh1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloke gets onstage around 2:45.... Maynard dispenses some Jitsu and continues to sing while having the guy locked down.... 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...