Why become a member? ×

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS

SH73

1 hour ago, PJ-Bassist said:

https://www.fxpedal.co.uk are doing 10% off everything on their site until Monday.  Code BlackFriday10.

Hmmmm, I see a flaw. I took a known example - Boss Bass Chorus CEB3, its £96 - 10% = £86.40 at fxpedal.co.uk; its available elsewhere at £75 (for example https://www.andertons.co.uk/boss-ceb-3-bass-chorus-compact-pedal)

18 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

Hmmmm, I see a flaw. I took a known example - Boss Bass Chorus CEB3, its £96 - 10% = £86.40 at fxpedal.co.uk; its available elsewhere at £75 (for example https://www.andertons.co.uk/boss-ceb-3-bass-chorus-compact-pedal)

Yeah, I also noticed it's the "typical" black Friday deal...

Real stuff, like £200 off an Helix LT, it's like Nessie... Just a myth!

31 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

Yeah, "they say" if its something you were going to buy anyway, and you get a black Friday deal then you've saved. But if it were something you wouldn't have normally bought, then you're kinda worse off.

+1^^

I've been after a Helix Stomp for a while.

40 minutes ago, olipaulo said:

Real stuff, like £200 off an Helix LT, it's like Nessie... Just a myth!

@Woodinblack pointed out that PMT were doing 10% off today off everything above £300...and on the Helix Stomp that was off the price that pretty much everyone else is charging. Sounds like real stuff to me! 

So those alumin-um (sic) pans that Mr Gisser bought, weren't the only bargain that he (and I) picked up today :) 

1 hour ago, paul_c2 said:

Stompbox (fxpedal.co.uk) are local to me so I have stopped in and bought stuff before but they are a small independent and are not always the cheapest.  I'm not sure they are guilty of raising their prices ahead of BlackFriday to compensate for their offer just that they don't try and compete with the likes of Anderton's / GAK etc. for online sales.  I've seen a few items on there that would work out cheaper so it always pays to do your research to make sure it's the best deal.

Well, that is the thing. I have noticed some people out of the normal guitar shops because I have been looking at things recently whos special black friday price was their normal discounted price. The 10% off at PMT was an actual discount on the normal price though - if I had been after a HX Stomp that was about the cheapst I have seen (and it is mostly the same price everywhere). Didn't work for HX effects, as they are 10% more expensive than others anyway although I did think of getting anyway just because I could pick it up tomorrow and I sort of broke my B3 last night, but that is now sorted anyway.

33% off at Timbertones - their picks are horribly tempting. But I already have a glut of the ones I most use, I've run out of people to give them to as presents, and the titanium and green abalone ones which I most covet are £17 each even with the discount 😞 

Most of their designs can come in gift tins of 4 which are really good small presents. Although, oddly, not the 18 carat gold at £3,700 or the platinum at £5,000. They seem not to be in the sale either. 

27 minutes ago, olipaulo said:

PMT sells the Helix LT at a ridiculous £879, against £738 from Bax Shop, and £750 from a bunch of other stores... And you can't price match AND get the black friday 10% off...

Get the Helix Stomp then for £300 less. It does pretty much everything you're ever likely to need from the LT and will sell 10 times faster used. Job done. 

16 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Get the Helix Stomp then for £300 less. It does pretty much everything you're ever likely to need from the LT and will sell 10 times faster used. Job done. 

I won't be able to live with only 3 switches... I sold the B3 partially because of that.

23 minutes ago, olipaulo said:

I won't be able to live with only 3 switches... I sold the B3 partially because of that.

Well the B3n has 6 😉

Or if you want the best of both worlds costing less than the LT and taking up less space, here's a clever idea from one of our fellow BC'ers:

On 16/11/2018 at 17:47, CameronJ said:

For those seeking advanced footswitch expansion. It’s another £200+ but worth it for the amount of flexibility it adds IMO:

Edited by Al Krow

40 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Maybe selling might be cheaper, but I didn’t go for the stomp as it didn’t do as many things as the lt for the price difference.

In non-musical purchases, I bought a television. 

Been doing up the lounge for a while and have been tracking the specific model for a few weeks, John Lewis price dropped overnight, so pulled the trigger about 6.30am today.

Musically there's nothing I want/need that's actually readily available from any retailer.

46 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

North West Guitars are doing 15% off everything and 20% off if you spend £100 or more until midnight, so for example you could get a Mono M80 sleeve for £97 or the full M80 gigbag for £134:

https://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/?setCurrencyId=1

I use Northwest guitars when working on guitar projects but they often seem to be out of stock and I could really do with a rosewood strat neck

I got some good string/woodwind/brass collections from Plugin Boutique for 91% off or something stupid, £4 each. Also bought some Nike running shoes today for 50% off, direct from Nike.

Doing well lol. Not spotted anything of interest bass wise, but I’m pretty much sorted!

Si

• Like 2