Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

You can get EMG’s pretty much as close as you want as long as they don’t touch the strings. Due to the active design, there is very little pull on the strings from the magnets. Of course you’ll need them to be a bit lower on the low strings to balance the output. 

Edited by Raj_Shredder
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

@Dov65 I can measure on my Euro 435 whatever you want but I’m not sure it’s useful as I set them up to match the outputs just like @ead so they are at different heights. 

IMG_4579.thumb.jpeg.64b6f7483f42c0dd6050519ad866f9e0.jpeg

Also the other issue is that the bridge on this one sticks out a lot more than on my other Euros because the neck is angled slightly,  not flat to the body like on the others so the pickups are at a higher level. 

Still I can measure if you want 

That would be ideal Paul 👍 either from body to pickup or to underside/top of strings

54 minutes ago, ead said:

I've never been so insulted in my life :lol:

In short, I have no idea, sorry.  I normally adjust to suit the output so as to avoid clipping, but that's about as scientific as I get.

Did you get BassDirect fixed oot with your order Alain ? Was it a pulse II ?

51 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

That would be ideal Paul 👍 either from body to pickup or to underside/top of strings

13mm for the J, 10mm for the lower P.

Measured from surface level of the body to the surface level of the pickup in the median of the body as pictured.

IMG_4580.thumb.jpeg.e745766ff96d588e6dea26202b56b84d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dov65 said:

Did you get BassDirect fixed oot with your order Alain ? Was it a pulse II ?

Yes thanks, ended up being a full refund and no, not a Pulse II although I was sorely tempted.

Still on a Spector theme and, having given up trying to find my original Legend 4 (with the 3-band preamp), I found an NOS Legend Classic in the same lovely Black Cherry finish with Bartolini P/J pickups that is light as a feather so loving that atm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Can't find it! Got a link? :)

I saw it on my tablet at about 9am this morning and tried to get a link then but failed. I can't find it either now. 

Sorry I do find Gumtree searches erratic. I saved it to go back to but can't find that either.

11 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Oh, that's lovely! It's got one nasty dent but otherwise looks great. 

Seems like a really rare and wonderful example of a transition era NS-5CR FM in lefty version. 34” scale.

If I were a lefty player it’d be mine in a heartbeat. One of my favorite Spector colors, too. 

• Like 1

Having sold my Rebop and traded my Spectorcore I have been without a Spector for a while. But now my very generous brother has offered to give me his Coda so when he brings down in July I’ll be a Spector player again 😆

Edited by Grahambythesea
Missing words
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I lost my Spector cherry a short while ago with this used Bantam I picked up for a good price. I thought that the combination of the body shape and where the strap pin sat on the top horn combined with the shorter scale would make the bass feel familiar to my usual Fenders and it worked a treat. 

The light weight (just over 7.5lbs) together with the shorter scale made gigging with it an absolute pleasure and the build quality is superb too. 

IMG_4828.jpeg

IMG_4829.jpeg

• Like 6

Thats lovely Nick. Dan aka @Dood did a fabulous video review of this model and I was sorely tempted

Ps, sure you know this, but the original US version of the bass (NS Shorty) was made for Gary Tallent of the E Street Band.

Edited by Clarky
  • Thanks 1