Why become a member? ×

The worst song you have ever heard.?

bubinga5

MacArthur Park, any version but especially Richard Harris'. "Someone left a cake out in the rain", for feck's sake. Unbelievably, this bloated nonsense came from Jimmy Webb, writer of the glorious Wichita Lineman and other genuine gems. I suppose everybody has an off-day.

Novelty songs don't bother me one little bit so I cant get upset by Star Trekking, Agadoo, Birdy Song etc. I also can't get too worked up over X Factor fluff, boy bands, Bieber etc as they're usually shortlived and soon forgotten. Nope my loathing is reserved for rock 'classics' that continue to pollute airwaves decades after they were first released. Top of the list; Give It Away & By The Way (RHCP), Don't Stop Believing (Journey), Love Is A Battlefield (Pat Benatar), I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing & Crying & Pink (Aerosmith), Shiny Happy People (REM), Heat of The Moment & Wildest Dreams (Asia), Strutter & Calling Dr Love (Kiss), New Years Day & With Or Without You (U2), You Give Love A Bad Name & Living On A Prayer (Bon Jovi). And one that doesn't quite fit it... Bo Selecta!!

Edited by Barking Spiders

The worst 'song' I've ever heard would undoubtedly be some piece of Gangsta Rap garbage that I managed no more than enough time to turn it off - so I can't actually name it.

I loved David Bowie but this is like finger nails down a blackboard for me. Dreadful cacophonous racket.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc_9EpooJ2o[/media]

Edited by Japhet

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1485165407' post='3221590']
I know what you mean. Although after a couple more listens, you realise it's an amazing vocal.
The jury's still out with me on this one.
[/quote]

Yup, great singer. I don't mind it at all, far worse covers out there. They also did a good cover of Genesis' Land Of Confusion.

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1485165407' post='3221590']
I know what you mean. Although after a couple more listens, you realise it's an amazing vocal.
The jury's still out with me on this one.
[/quote]

I so hate that song. One thing I hate that is really popular now is taking a reasonable song and playing it slower and more 'worthy', normally by a woman with an acoustic guitar. Awful stuff.
But this - I like the original and I like disturbed. Shows you can put two things together and come up with a complete steaming pile.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1485169542' post='3221653']

I've just listened to it again to check I wasn't imagining it. It's even worse the second time...

80's big-ballad production? Check.
Pointless, cheesy nylon-string noodling? Check.
Angsty monochrome video? Check.

Are we 100% sure it's not a parody..?

EDIT:

Oh, and the band are called 'Disturbed' as well. Bless.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say I'm a Disturbed fan but they've been going twenty years now and their last five albums all hit number one in the US so they must be doing something right.

I saw them Saturday at the O2 and they did that song - pretty amazing live I thought.

This piece of nastiness was a favourite at a pub where I once worked. Drunken fools singing along. Still makes me want to punch someone's lights out.

[url="http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=living+next+door+to+alice+lyrics+by+smokie+and+chubby+brown&view=detail&mid=88F4E5112E7D600167F788F4E5112E7D600167F7&FORM=VIRE"]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=living+next+door+to+alice+lyrics+by+smokie+and+chubby+brown&view=detail&mid=88F4E5112E7D600167F788F4E5112E7D600167F7&FORM=VIRE[/url]

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1485060999' post='3220795']
This is a sticky subject, as of course music is subjective. But.. there is some absolute garbage out there.

I was subjected to this on saturday. Now I'm an open minded ear, but nothing prepared me for how sh*t this is. How on earth this record made money(and it did) is just beyond me. Alan Patridge's Monkey Tennis is a good idea compared to this.

The thing that really did me in, is that the song changes key a lot. And it goes on and on and on, and i was subjected to the 12' version.

Im not a musical snob, but you have draw the line somewhere. What is the actual point of this record. I have no idea.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE[/media]
[/quote]

Excellent question. Not sure if I can think of the worst song I've heard. Oh its I think called mama I love you by the spice girls. My younger sister played it on repeat. I will spare everyone by not putting up the vid link.

Also this might explain a few things but seeing that very Star Trekkin vid is an early childhood memory of mine haha, I liked it then I kinda like it now. Its is rubbish though.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1485303838' post='3223040']
Bat out of hell is a particular one that gets me shouting at the radio if it comes on. Though I dislike pretty much anything that comes under the banner of 'classic rock'.
[/quote]What like Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd.? Of course its not obligatory

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1485304362' post='3223044']
I'm not sure I'd class Floyd as being classic, I put them under prog, which I do like a lot.
[/quote]I know what you mean and i will let you off saying you wouldn't call Pink Floyd classic. :D They are a class act, its very special music but maybe not rock. Although there are some tracks that i might class as rock in the Pink Floyd catalogue.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1485303951' post='3223042']
Hey everyone.!!.. My name is Louis Walsh. Im a cock end.
[/quote]

Oh, please keep up and get hip, Dude.
The current trend name for some of the Bellends out there, is......."Cockwomble" :D

My nomination is from Will Young. "All Time Love" (I generally dislike his warbling at the best of times)
Just put a bell around his neck, dump him up on the Swiss Alps and let him graze with the other Goats.
Truly horrific vibrato on a flaky, going nowhere ramble of a tune.
Even the video is suicidal. It promotes "taking yourself too seriously" to a new level.
. :sorry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZpWnuzVlxk

Edited by lowdown

Are we talking about the worst song we've heard or our least favourite song?
My last favourite song is Charlene's I've Never Been to Me because of the line about the Isle o f Greece. but the worst song I've ever heard was when my own band murdered a simple 4 chord boogie shuffle when Mr Lead player played the whole thing a semi tone up. It was painful.