Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 09/10/2022 at 07:45, Wilson_51_ said:

I haven’t posted in a while and the board has been relatively stable for a bit. Yesterday I replaced my modded dod 250 clone with a real one (modified with led, true bypass and germanium diodes) very subtle sound difference. 

So chain goes:

Tuner

Wilson Freaker Wah

Dod 250 (always on)

Bright Onion AB Looper 

Loop A - Megalith clone 

Loop B - Damanation Audio Bloop > Boss DS-1

Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter

Boss BF-2

E0E8E97D-2290-433A-8488-34510B3538EE.thumb.jpeg.1f60714b45776a69a720aec82a0ce516.jpeg

You added true bypass to an effect you don’t turn off… 

• Haha 4

On 16/09/2022 at 14:11, stewblack said:

This is what it amuses me to call my whiteboard.

IMG_20220916_140833.jpg

I was really impressed with the sounds you were making with this, obviously the playing was a big part of it but every time I heard that synth pedal it made me want one!

34 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

That compressor has impressed me so much.

I sold all my others, aside from a cheap backup Marshall ED1.

Ive had most of the silly money compressors and I’d take the BC-1x over all of them.

I think I’d really like it too. Also tried all the best regarded ones but happiest with the comp in my Roland VB99, so the BC1X would be great to take ‘out’ - the only thing is the battery life is really short compared to the MXR I’m using at the moment. I mostly use pedals with batteries when I have occasion to use them in anger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

I was really impressed with the sounds you were making with this, obviously the playing was a big part of it but every time I heard that synth pedal it made me want one!

Since learning how to use the EHX synth it's been a revelation. I highly recommend it .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ped said:

I think I’d really like it too. Also tried all the best regarded ones but happiest with the comp in my Roland VB99, so the BC1X would be great to take ‘out’ - the only thing is the battery life is really short compared to the MXR I’m using at the moment. I mostly use pedals with batteries when I have occasion to use them in anger

The battery life is the annoying thing. I just take a OneSpot with me if I’m just using that alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bassfan said:

No power yet as I can’t decide to keep all the filters or not 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️MXR bass chorus deluxe also on its way so I’ll need some space! 

B8AFE030-D7A8-47C7-84C8-AFAC10DFC186.jpeg

Keep all the filters of course!! Also, I found the Seamoon doubles as a really nice LPF when you roll off the depth.... really adds a lot of low end punch without being boomy,  provided you don't set the frequency too low of course as it is capable of ridiculous bowel moving low end.

Edited by Boodang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bassfan said:

No power yet as I can’t decide to keep all the filters or not 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️MXR bass chorus deluxe also on its way so I’ll need some space! 

So less filters and chorus…

…or a bigger board! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pedalboard update.

Signal splitting shenanigans - into the EQ and back for clean low end, mixed with the RAT to taste for my main overdrive/distortion tone.

Into the 850 fuzz for DOOM.

Then the chorus and delay in the FX loop.

The behringer will be replaced with a boss GEB7 when I can afford/find a cheap used one.

The 850 fuzz is in danger of being replaced with a different mini big muff type thing at some point - can be hard to dial in a tone for bass on the ibanez.

I play my Precision through this into a Darkglass head which provides my "clean" tone, which also has some hair on it using the built in VMT circuit.

It sounds frankly insane for not very much money.

20221012_134031.jpg

Edited by Vin Venal
  • Like 4

On 12/10/2022 at 14:08, Vin Venal said:

Pedalboard update.

Signal splitting shenanigans - into the EQ and back for clean low end, mixed with the RAT to taste for my main overdrive/distortion tone.

The behringer will be replaced with a boss GEB7 when I can afford/find a cheap used one.

The 850 fuzz is in danger of being replaced with a different mini big muff type thing at some point - can be hard to dial in a tone for bass on the ibanez.

I play my Precision through this into a Darkglass head which provides my "clean" tone, which also has some hair on it using the built in VMT circuit.

20221012_134031.jpg

Might I suggest EBS flat patch cables to help tidy everything up into a smaller footprint? This should allow for at least some of your effects to be in more of an orderly set-up.  If possible, I'd suggest pulling the three mini-pedals to the front and pushing the EQ to the back in case any of those aren't always on effects.

Pedalboard update.

20221012_134031.jpg

Cannot go wrong with a proper Rat. Lovely things. Gotta be in the top 20 pedals of all time IMHO

• Like 1

Pedalboard update.

20221012_134031.jpg

Why are you looking to replace the behringer with a Boss unit?  Is there something sound wise or function wise that doesn't cut it with the behringer?  I ask for no other reason than I'm thinking a bass EQ pedal is the solution to my jazz bass not having a passive tone control

3 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Why are you looking to replace the behringer with a Boss unit?  Is there something sound wise or function wise that doesn't cut it with the behringer?  I ask for no other reason than I'm thinking a bass EQ pedal is the solution to my jazz bass not having a passive tone control

I just like Boss pedals, and think the Boss will be more durable. The Behringer is, unless I'm mistaken, a GEB7 in a cheap plastic housing, so should do exactly the same thing sound wise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TeresaFR said:

Might I suggest EBS flat patch cables to help tidy everything up into a smaller footprint? This should allow for at least some of your effects to be in more of an orderly set-up.  If possible, I'd suggest pulling the three mini-pedals to the front and pushing the EQ to the back in case any of those aren't always on effects.

Yeah, there's lots of compromises here, and cheap amazon patch leads is one that isn't gonna change, but I have ordered more long cables so I will be able to move the 850 fuzz to a less cramped position.

I wanna keep the three mini pedals at the back though, cuz everything going to my amp then comes out of the same side - front end comes from the 850, and the send/return goes into the chorus and out the delay.

The pedals I undoubtedly stomp on most often are the LS2 and the TU3. 😅

15 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Cannot go wrong with a proper Rat. Lovely things. Gotta be in the top 20 pedals of all time IMHO

Yeah, this pedalboard came about entirely cuz one of my favourite bass sounds is a RAT but with lots more bass. Hence the LS2 and EQ pedal. It sounds awesome imo.

29 minutes ago, Vin Venal said:

cheap amazon patch leads is one that isn't gonna change

generally - How bad is the amazon patch cables, they have some with little pancake jacks https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazonbasics-Inch-Guitar-Patch-Cable/dp/B081T39QJS/ref=sr_1_4?c=ts&keywords=Patch+Cables&qid=1665761429&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjQ3IiwicXNhIjoiNS4yNCIsInFzcCI6IjUuMTAifQ%3D%3D&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-4&ts_id=407730031 

53 minutes ago, Vin Venal said:

Yeah, there's lots of compromises here, and cheap amazon patch leads is one that isn't gonna change, but I have ordered more long cables so I will be able to move the 850 fuzz to a less cramped position.

I wanna keep the three mini pedals at the back though, cuz everything going to my amp then comes out of the same side - front end comes from the 850, and the send/return goes into the chorus and out the delay.

The pedals I undoubtedly stomp on most often are the LS2 and the TU3. 😅

Don’t allow other people’s pedalboard OCD to alter your set up 😀

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 20:00, bassfan said:

You sure the audience is going to notice, once you have added power? 

• Haha 1