Why become a member? ×

Cash Converters bargain?

cameltoe

Just popped into my local store to see if there were any unwanted Xmas pressies and this caught my eye-

Tech 21 Sansamp RBI preamp
QSC 1450 power amp

Both in a Penn flightcase for £124.99.

Have no idea what they are worth but it seemed cheap so pulled the trigger based on what I could google. Bargain or not?

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1451915344' post='2944502']
This thread will also serve as evidence to Mrs Cameltoe when I walk through the door later today with it under my arm and a hole in the account to explain.
[/quote]

For sure! It's an investment with a guaranteed return, no worries.
The current mrs discreet would probably make me my favourite dinner and kiss me on the nads.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1451916987' post='2944540']
Steak nad kidney pie?
[/quote][quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1451917156' post='2944544']
Or maybe a Goan Curry?
[/quote][quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1451917463' post='2944546']
Duck in Plum sauce
[/quote]

These are great suggestions, but I think I'll go for tongue in cider.

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1451915344' post='2944502']
This thread will also serve as evidence to Mrs Cameltoe when I walk through the door later today with it under my arm and a hole in the account to explain.

[/quote]

And a possible new hole to be made in you at some point point if she doesn`t agree :lol:

This hurts, it hurts very much, it reminds me why Mid Wales is not a good place to live at times. What is a Cash Converters? I am told there is one some 32 miles from where I live. I think you should donate the aforementioned equipment to the rural poor at a significant loss to yourself, thus helping reduce the rural poverty imbalance. They are a bargain with capital B :)

I had only one deal at Cash Converters, and it was the best deal in my life, I bough myself a Yamaha saxophone there when I had one of these days and I wanted to play sax after listening to some smooth jazz. Don't remember the exact model, but brand new back then, about 2 years ago, it was around £2000, and they had it for sale at £350. It was totally mint, not even a little scratch on it, so I bought it, tried to learn for about 3 months and then sold for £1100 and bought myself a Yamaha motorcycle :D. Since then I am always popping in to the Cash Converters, but I am every single time a bit disgusted on their prices, every guitar they have is way overpriced for a second hand, only about 5 or 10 quid cheaper than a new one, and they just don't sell them. I don't understand their pricing at all!