Why become a member? ×

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours' basses

Old Horse Murphy

Over my time that I've been a member of Basschat, there have been certain pictures of Basschatters' Basses that have almost tempted me to commit murder/robbery as I have fallen in love with them instantly.

This has been done before, but which bass belonging to other members would you pack your bags and run away with?

I'll start but please don't tell my wife....

For me, it's OBBM's Blue Burst Stingray 5 with graphite neck. I've seen it in the flesh and heard it live (it called to me) and it's amazing. It's very closely followed by Kev's Stingray 5, but wins on overall sex appeal (for me).

So now you know :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='270271' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:08 PM']Over my time that I've been a member of Basschat, there have been certain pictures of Basschatters' Basses that have almost tempted me to commit murder/robbery as I have fallen in love with them instantly.

This has been done before, but which bass belonging to other members would you pack your bags and run away with?

For me, it's OBBM's Blue Burst Stingray 5 with graphite neck. I've seen it in the flesh and heard it live (it called to me) and it's amazing. It's very closely followed by Kev's Stingray 5, but wins on overall sex appeal (for me).

So now you know :)[/quote]
I fancy Water-of-Tyne's avatar with its cheeky ensemble of sunburst vintage Fenders, phwoarr

.... oh and peety's now-sold mojo'ed 1970s Fender PJ (which I tried and failed to buy)

[attachment=12660:pj.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Luckily, there's very little out there that takes my fancy!

Having said that.... I wouldn't kick the following out of bed for eating biscuits:

Gafbass's white 70's Jazz reissue (so I'm putting together my own!)
Bassplace's white Wal
Doctorofthebass's sunburst Spector NS2
Jensenmann's blueburst Spector NS2

If anyone has a Wal Mk1 'Geddy Lee' in black or a Mouradian I'd add them to the list too...

Edited by cetera

oh good grief, where do I begin?

BeLow and/or DOTB's gaphite necked Pangborn
Born 2B Mild's Spector Euro 6
Bassjamm's F-Bass 5
Walbassist's Wal Mach III 5 string
Birdy's '65 Fender Jazz (played it and fell in love despite myself)
Old Horse Murphy's Shuker P/J 5 string

plus anyone who owns a Status Stealth 5 headless

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='270271' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:08 PM']Over my time that I've been a member of Basschat, there have been certain pictures of Basschatters' Basses that have almost tempted me to commit murder/robbery as I have fallen in love with them instantly.

So now you know :)[/quote]

F**** me those are nice. Even the bongo looks great!

I would commit bass adultery for lee_b's Modulus Q5 and thedontcarebear's Euro LX-EX5 :)

There are many others scrumptious axes on BC but I currently hanker for a fiver (which in a Douglas Adams sort of way, is coincidentally my available budget right now), and either of these two would look good, tucked up in bed between me and Mrs Born 2B.

I can't remember who's it is (Thebrokendoor maybe?) but somehwhere in the archives there's a white precision with a white pearloid scratchplate and a Darkstar pickup that I would kill my granny for.

<edit>
This is the badger.... Mmmmmm

Edited by TheRev