Why become a member? ×

Your Stones, Got My Tickets :)

blue

Very cool!

It's a done deal;

The Rolling Stones playing in Milwaukee has reached fever pitch with a billboard, which includes the Stones’ symbol — and rumors that not only is the group coming to Milwaukee, but that they would play at the Marcus Amphitheater on the Summerfest grounds June 23rd. Other stops on the North American tour could include Nashville and Indianapolis.

There is an advance sale for AmEx cardholders next week 4/8. I am going to try to get 4. I guess they are about $450 for the best. The aftermarket will double that. This is not about the money for me. I'm one of those baby boomers that in some ways has never gotten over the the musical invasion you guys laid on us back in the mid 60s. This will be like going to the "Promise Land" or "The Mountain Top" for me

The Marcus will be my last chance to see these guys in a small venue setting.

Outside of Paul McCartney, I can think of any other existing British bands with the magnitude of their body of work or legacy, IMO. And now that I think about it, Paul is not a band.

Blue

Edited by blue

Good luck on the pre-sale Blue and hope you get the tix!
Love 'em or hate 'em the Stones are just legends in their field.

[i]"Oh, a storm is threatening
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away"[/i]
:)

I saw them at Earls Court (London) in 1975 or 6 (so long ago I forget which!). :-)
We were sitting right at the back and they just looked like little ants on stage. This was in the days before they had big screens up.
Sounded great though, and at least I can say I've seen them. With Bill n all. :-)

Have a great time, Blue. :-)

Edited by seashell

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1427931362' post='2736127']
I believe that was 1976 and The Meters were the support.

I saw 2 of those shows.
[/quote]

They always have interesting opening acts. Thing is, opening for The Stones has to be the toughest gig out there. Unlike other headliners the openers at least have a shot. Nobody pays any or very little to the openers for The Stones other then [i]"when are they getting off the stage"[/i]

Saw them at The Garden in 72, twice in 81 ( same weekend 2 separate venues ) then I think 2000 and the last show I saw them was in 2005. This time I hope it's up close and personal.

Blue

Edited by blue

Hope you score those tickets, dude. I never saw the Stones... and I LOVE the Stones.

Out of all their support acts, I'd most have loved to see the Ike & Tina Turner Revue in '69. Aww, Tina... show mercy to them poor skinny white boys!

I met Ike once, but that's a long story....

I saw them in around 1980's at St James's Park in Newcastle. It was a lovely day and the J Geils band were in support. I really felt that their most creative years were already behind them. They didn't do much of the classic 60's/early 70's stuff so this was probably the highlight. They haven't done anything since to make me change my mind. I hope you enjoy them though :)

[url="https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIB64BxV8UYAWUf7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBzc2M2MjdyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMTE-?p=Stones+Start+Me+Up&vid=5915e166e9e8cde8b58abeb7b1ee68a3&l=4%3A52&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608007824478111711%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dx6n4Dq_CvsQ&tit=The+Rolling+Stones+-+Start+Me+Up+-+12%2F18%2F1981+-+Hampton+Coliseum+%28Official%29&c=10&sigr=11bfivf8o&sigt=12bqniooq&sigi=11ru0cf3k&age=1410554533&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=aaplw&tt=b"]https://video.search...v&fr=aaplw&tt=b[/url]

Edited by Pinball

I like some of their stuff, but they will probably be the only band that will ever sell out stadiums after 55 years with never splitting up. I remember Led Zeppelin`s tribute concert to Ahmet Erteghun, in 2007.something like 20 million people applied for tickets. Not quite the same as being a continuous band though. The only other band that has the same longevity is The Who. I prefer them to the Stones, but never quite made it as big .
Anyway, good luck with getting tickets Blue.

I needed keyhole surgery for my stones a couple of years back!

Saw them at Wembley when one of the big football tournaments were on (Italy? 1990?). Half the audience were in the bar, half of those remaining had one ear plugged in to a transistor radio. Big cheers, followed by big groans as England lost once again. Loved the gig, love the band, including some of their later stuff.

Yes I've seen them - a while ago :rolleyes: one of their first ever gigs in the caves in Hastings & a few years later on the pier. You don't get up close & personal like that nowadays :D

Best of luck getting the tickets Blue :gas:

Their 3rd visit to Hastings - 1st August '64 - tickets were 10/-, that's 50p kids :P

Edited by KiOgon

Never "got" the stones. I suspect that being born long after their heyday doesn't help. Its hard to see a band as a revolutionary when the revolution was twenty-five years before you were aware of rock n' roll! They've always been part of the musical establishment for me!

Hope you enjoy it though, Blue. Seeing your idols is always special :)

[size=4][quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1427970268' post='2736409']
They should put The Stones in a museum so that everyone who's interested could see them for a few quid - the British museum in with the dinosaurs, except for Daryl Jones who could be in the '80's section.
Enjoy.
[/quote]

Hmm... Sounds familiar...

[i][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They took all the [s]trees[/s] Stones [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Put 'em in a [s]tree[/s] Stones museum * [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And they charged the people [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A [s]dollar and a half[/s] heck of a lot just to see 'em [/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't it always seem to go [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That you don't know what you've got [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Till it's gone [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They paved paradise [/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And put up a parking lot[/font][/color][/i]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]I was witness to the famous 'Brian Jones' butterfly massacre, all those decades ago, and well remember leaving, with my friends, well before the end of the interminable 'Sympathy for the Devil'. It was quite shocking; doubly so as the supporting acts were blindingly brilliant. Special mention for King Crimson, who completely stole the show and put the 'best r&r group in the world' to utter shame. No, I've never been a mega-fan, although they got off to a good enough start with 'Aftermath' and such, but they lost their way for me soon after that. As for ticket prices of that astronomic level, I wouldn't pay half of that even for the Grateful Dead resuscitated..! Anyone that wants to is free to do so, of course, but as far as I'm concerned, it's more than a rip-off, it's borderline immoral.[/color][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That said, good luck with fulfilling your dreams; I sincerely hope you're not disappointed.[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1427973348' post='2736469']

[size=4][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]I was witness to the famous 'Brian Jones' butterfly massacre, all those decades ago, and well remember leaving, with my friends, well before the end of the interminable 'Sympathy for the Devil'. It was quite shocking; doubly so as the supporting acts were blindingly brilliant. Special mention for King Crimson, who completely stole the show and put the 'best r&r group in the world' to utter shame. No, I've never been a mega-fan, although they got off to a good enough start with 'Aftermath' and such, but they lost their way for me soon after that. As for ticket prices of that astronomic level, I wouldn't pay half of that even for the Grateful Dead resuscitated..! Anyone that wants to is free to do so, of course, but as far as I'm concerned, it's more than a rip-off, it's borderline immoral.[/color][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That said, good luck with fulfilling your dreams; I sincerely hope you're not disappointed.[/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

The Hyde Park gig wasn't exactly their finest hour. Mick Taylor was probably wondering if Mayall would have him back.