Why become a member? ×

Blimey! The Rickenbacker thread has just kicked off again!

thebrig

I assume you mean the one started by "Bronner". Surprised the mods haven't deleted it or at least locked it, as it seems like an obvious troll to me. I've criticised the attitude of Hall and his acolytes, as well as stated how disappointed I've been by the Ricks that I've played, but they are a unique looking and sounding bass (the reason I've tried a few is that I love the sound and look, but ended up with a couple of fakers that suited me better).

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1427065001' post='2725455']
I assume you mean the one started by "Bronner". Surprised the mods haven't deleted it or at least locked it, as it seems like an obvious troll to me. I've criticised the attitude of Hall and his acolytes, as well as stated how disappointed I've been by the Ricks that I've played, but they are a unique looking and sounding bass (the reason I've tried a few is that I love the sound and look, but ended up with a couple of fakers that suited me better).
[/quote]

I'm more interested in the copies tbh too.

How about some alternative threads:
TV programmes I've started to watch but turned off (and why you're an idiot for watching all of it)
Periods of history that aren't as interesting as people think.
Over-rated holiday destinations that pale in comparison to other places I could mention.
Why I ordered the salmon and not the risotto the other night.

[quote name='Thump' timestamp='1427066371' post='2725490']
Don't forget "ad hominem" at every possible opportunity
[/quote]
That did give me the rather horrid feeling that it was going to turn into one of those "arguments" where no one actually makes any points, they just quote the names of arguments at each other.

"That's a logical fallacy!"

"Well... That's a straw man argument!"

"How dare you?! That's an ad hominem!!"

And so on...

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1427066941' post='2725500']

Are we awaiting for a call from Mr Hall's lawyers for allowing a duplicate Rickenbacker thread?
[/quote]
[quote name='ribbetingfrog' timestamp='1427067741' post='2725511']
Especially as the copy thread is better than the original.
[/quote]

Thank you Bronner. Without your brain-dead nastiness, we'd never have had this piece of genius.

:lol: