Why become a member? ×

poor attitude from newbie & me

artisan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1425468546' post='2707567']
Without a full (or at the very least cursory) examination of the prospective buyer's testicles, it would be presumptuous, if not slightly rude, to make such assumptions. A photo will usually suffice in these situations... :happy:
[/quote]

As almost discussed in another current thread, testicles are, on average, getting sillier. So perhaps it would not be [i]too [/i]presumptive to assume the average?

Every member was a newbie at some point and whilst I admit sometimes it feels a little off when their very first (and only) post is "I want to sell".... etc, with no previous introduction, it does take a little while to get a handle on BC's personality and see how it works.

In this case, I don't think you gave the buyer long enough to reply. As mentioned, people have other stuff going on.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1425469305' post='2707581']
Every member was a newbie at some point and whilst I admit sometimes it feels a little off when their very first (and only) post is "I want to sell".... etc, with no previous introduction, it does take a little while to get a handle on BC's personality and see how it works.

In this case, I don't think you gave the buyer long enough to reply. As mentioned, people have other stuff going on.
[/quote]
Hi yes I agree I was rather impatient

Edited by artisan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1425468546' post='2707567']

Without a full (or at the very least cursory) examination of the prospective buyer's testicles, it would be presumptuous, if not slightly rude, to make such assumptions. A photo will usually suffice in these situations... :happy:
[/quote]
I just choked on my coffee :)

I am also slightly discomforted by someone I have never met calling me 'mate', but then I am a reserved, hoity-toity, just short of Royalty type of gentleman. Being called 'Dude' breaks me out in a cold sweat. :)

I have also come to the realisation that some other people have a Life. When I meil band members, for example, some might not reply until next day or longer - amazing to think but there you are. 3.5hrs wouldn't get me PMing the next in line.

edit meil? Email

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1425460683' post='2707474']
so i had a newbie with 0 posts offer to but am item i have for sale along with several PM's from other people but he was the first.
so i put them on hold for him & gave him payment details,3 1/2 hours after reading my reply he still hadn't replied to me or sent any payment so naturally i sold said item to the next person in the "queue"
[/quote]

Good for you.
Doubt whether I'd have waited that long.

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1425463849' post='2707508']
As harsh as this is. I totally agree. I'd be fairly unhappy if something was only kept for 3 and a bit hours then sold on.

I've had a few new members on here mess me about a little (generally just expressing interest and then not replying for a few days/weeks) but I've also sold quite alot to people who have 0 posts and they're generally great to deal with.
[/quote] This and not all newbies are bad we was all new once and I hate to say this but some of the established members I here can be a bit crap to deal with

But Christ 3.5 hours is not long to wait no wonder the chap was pissed off

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425469845' post='2707591']
Obviously too impatient to finish your bloody sentences, silly bollocks! :D
[/quote]

Oi! Get up here with a damp cloth and wipe the bloody coffee off my laptop screen you! :lol:

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1425460683' post='2707474']
it seems some newer members have a very poor attitude,maybe its a sign of the times.
[/quote]

It seems not so new members have quite a poor attitude as well, mate.

Another +1 here for giving the guy a break - "on hold" means "give the guy's usual daily cycle a chance to let him check back" - I have email notifications and a mobile which tells me when someone replies, but many don't use that facility.

If BassChat had an app with notifications, it might be a different story, depending on how responsive you are to the needy little computer in your pocket. But even then, as a seller, I'd wait at least a day before asking if they were still interested and to get back to me.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1425472649' post='2707652']
Fair play to Artisan for coming back on and taking the criticism on the chin (or would in the bollocks be more in keeping with the rest of the thread)!
[/quote]
thank you good sir,much appreciated,I was brought up to always admit when I'm in the wrong.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1425472649' post='2707652']
Fair play to Artisan for coming back on and taking the criticism on the chin (or would in the bollocks be more in keeping with the rest of the thread)!
[/quote]

Yup - I agree! B)