Why become a member? ×

Glasto 2014

merello

I'm sat here watching Dolly Parton with my wife and I've just told her sees miming. The only good thing about her whole set is seeing my mates flag, its the Wiltshire one, green and white stripes with a bustard on! Kenny Rogers was much better last year

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' timestamp='1404067734' post='2488968']

Woops so you did -- Sorry Dave -- If you havn't checked out his Strange Sensation album you may like that
[/quote]

Haha, no problem, it's a long fast moving thread.

I do intend to check his album out. I've never really liked the stuff I've heard (and never been a Led Zep fan either) in the past but was pleasantly surprised last night.

Cheers for the heads up.

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' timestamp='1404067808' post='2488970']

Guy do you string one Statii with flats & one with roundwounds? Loverly playing BTW

Brendan
[/quote]

Guy rarely posts on here, so he's not really an active member (same with over on Talkbass).
You could try and PM him.

Just turned over from footie a while ago. Saw some ginger kid with tattoos on his arm(how many artists without them these days?). He played acoustic guitar and was on his own ,which takes bottle. Not my bag, but he got the crowd going. Who's the person , who's been sleeping rough? No! It can't be ! Robert plant?!? Give up now!
Tedium beyond belief. Gold frappe were ok yesterday. Never heard much from them. Saw royal blood at last. Only on for 2songs, but were good.
Metallica , although watered down now, still played a good set. They obviously played their safe songs, but did well. Just saw a band called dry the river.
Tedium also.

Plant was Pretty good, and I really didn't think Blondie were too bad at all. One or two tunes were a bit off (but who isn't at Glasto?)
but there was one song that I thought was actually a better interpretation than the original. I don't know what some of you were expecting, I watched it on catch-up expecting some kind of car crash, but it totally wasn't. Loved Stein's XOX guitar too.

As a huge Blondie fan from the past I had to turn skip through most of it. I really did enjoy the guitar solo in Atomic but I really don't like Debbie's voice anymore.
I never rated her as a partially musical singer, but she had a certain charm about her, but I thought she looked uncomfortable and can't find any music in her voice three days.
Also didn't like the growly bass tone but then I was watching it on my ipad.

EDIT. Song title corrected to Atomic.

Edited by dave_bass5