Why become a member? ×

Glasto 2014

merello

Really enjoyed Blondie - quite nostalgic for the Apollo New Year gig! (Spector bass)
Never heard Foster the People before - great...(Fender PJ Special in a Jazz shape and one in a precision shape.)
Paulo, Paisley's finest, now on! (Guild bass)

Edited by merello

Ah, I think I liked them too - I didn't know who they were, but the one with the black bass that they filmed his pedalboard while he was fiddling.
I must say, sadly, as someone who liked blondie, I had to stop watching that as it was too painful, and would have preferred to not have seen it.

Gigged last night & doing so again tonight so if I catch any at all it'll be on iplayer repeats. Probably have a look in on Kaiser Chiefs and Robert Plant, not much else I'm that fussed about. Given the weather into the bargain I'm glad I'm not there.

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1403902456' post='2487669']
Yes, I quite liked Foster The People too. New name on me. We were treated to a nice lingering shot of the bassist's pedalboard too! :)
[/quote]
Yup - just listening to them on SKY's From the Basement based on what I heard last night. Very impressive.

Oh dear Blondie were terrible!
Poor old Debbie couldnt reach half the notes and had to Sprechgesang
most of the set, although nowhere near as good as Fred Schneider!
Time to give it up girl! :(
Funnily enough I was playing Eat to the beat in the car yesterday. Slow motion is still a cracking song!

Just thought I'd switch on and see who's on,& what's happening. Absolutely nothing! Ok, I have the sound off on my TV at the moment.
I see some blonde woman, with rather large boots on talking to a bunch of guys. I then press the red button, and get tennis. Bbc3/4 not on yet.
What has happened? Then I go back to bbc2, to see the manic street preachers being interviewed . Volume stays off, as I can't stand that band at all.

I'll just watch metallica on the iplayer later. That'll do .

I really enjoyed Paolo Nutini. He is effortlessly cool through the way he is so obviously into his music. Superb band and I'm loving the new album, which helps.

I saw Arcade File at Glastonbury a few years back and they were a brilliant live act, and I see that nothing has changed there. Funnily enough I've never been inclined to buy their music

Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" and "Neon Bible" are excellent albums, not got round to buying "Reflektor" yet.
They're not a band I'd automatically reach for when I'm looking for something to listen, but when I put them, I really do appreciate them.

I've been watching the BBC coverage since yesterday. Pleasantly surprised by John Newman(Was even playing along with some of his tunes on my new amp- Yes I AM that sad! :-S ;-)).
As for Rudimental, I actually liked the Ed Sheeran collaboration. Best thing they did. Blondie were wonky. Debbie Harry's voice has gone completely.
Interpol were awesome. Elbow were reliably good(Guy Garvey still making sure everyone's "Still OK?" ;-)). The Kaiser Chiefs played a blinder. Metronomy were great too! I'll have to check out Paolo Nutini, Foster The People & Drenge online later.
Today, Kelis was alright. Good to hear a bit of Warpaint too!
Hope they show some of The Pixies later tonight!

Edited by indiegrungesound

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1403968590' post='2488189']
Tbf, Debbie Harry never had a voice to lose but her inability to
sing the songs has worsened these last few years.

At least someone like Phil Collins realised and had enough money to pull the plug...
[/quote]

HARSH statement Sir!

But...

:-D ;-)

Edited by indiegrungesound

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1403968590' post='2488189']
Tbf, Debbie Harry never had a voice to lose but her inability to
sing the songs has worsened these last few years.

At least someone like Phil Collins realised and had enough money to pull the plug...
[/quote]

Well, you say that......

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/phil-collins-comeback-tour/

Am surprised but reading the 3 weeks rehearsal and go from there thing
suggests that they need to know how it may work...or not..!!

I guess he doesn't need the money so its fun and it works or not..??

I was watching his Soul revue gig and that was pretty painful... but then
that stuff really does expose any weaknesses in a voice, IMO