Why become a member? ×

Glasto 2014

merello

I watched Robert Plant's set this morning - for someone who doesn't want to play with Led Zeppelin, he played an awful lot of Led Zep songs, and the same ones he's been playing for ages. I love him but I'm glad I held off getting tickets for his tour later this year.

Metallica: I downloaded the set on iPlayer, have half-watched about about an hour while ironing (something to do with hot metal)

Got a bit bored with it to be honest. I'll watch the rest as I'm a big fan of Enter Sandman (it was the first song I learned to play all the way through when I was a nipper you see). This was funny though:

say yeah if you want the earth to be a better place
yeah!
say woo if you love your brothers and sisters!
woo!
say yay if you're nice to people!
yay!
awRITE, this is a our new song it's called Ebola-Encrusted Poison Pustule On The Tip Of A ICBM Heading Your Way Hahaha atwothreefour

Finally got around to watching the whole Pixies set and (being a fan) really enjoyed it. What struck me was the creative camerawork; some really interesting angles with objects of interest (individual band members; the stage) often placed towards the edge of frame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8/acts/amxwrz#p021gz53

For anyone who's interested, this is the moment when the BBC thoughtfully gave us a lovely view of the Foster The People bassist's pedalboard.
Yes, I was sad enough to take a picture of my telly. God, I really need to get out more :huh:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:166076]

Edited by UglyDog

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1404378047' post='2491982']
I watched Robert Plant's set this morning - for someone who doesn't want to play with Led Zeppelin, he played an awful lot of Led Zep songs, and the same ones he's been playing for ages. I love him but I'm glad I held off getting tickets for his tour later this year.
[/quote]

Opposite for me. Not seen him live since 1995 and much against my expectations found myself warming to the old codger again so I will go see him in Nov.

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1404386405' post='2492118']
Finally got around to watching the whole Pixies set and (being a fan) really enjoyed it. What struck me was the creative camerawork; some really interesting angles with objects of interest (individual band members; the stage) often placed towards the edge of frame.

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8/acts/amxwrz#p021gz53"]http://www.bbc.co.uk...amxwrz#p021gz53[/url]
[/quote]

Yep! It was very good! Looking forward to watching them in Manchester on Thursday!

I'm STILL working my way through the back log of sets on the Beeb's site(Also watched Drenge in full. Saw Kasabian & The Kaisers again. Nearly finished the Warpaint one. Still got to watch Interpol, Foster The People, Metronomy, Jimi Goodwin, Mogwai... and EVERYTHING else at this rate! :blink: ;) ).

I too have been watching some more Glasto sets on the I Player, and St Vincent were pretty interesting, despite their very contrived efforts to be annoyingly offbeat , weird and a bit Lady GaGa-llike theatrical. She is a good guitarist and I really like 1980's vibe to the sound of the band .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1404419713' post='2492571']
I love Glasto. It's lovely and quiet around where i live when it's on.

Even if we are only hipster free for weekend it's still a wonderful thing.
[/quote]

You are lucky in that respect then. The hipsters where I live are[i] way [/i] too hip to go to Glasto. They probably go to some festival we have never heard of held in November at a secret location in rural Wales where the hippest DJ's are flown in from Japan and Outer Mongolia to provide a soundtrack to the burning of effigies while everybody is off their bonce on a new designer drug made from scouring powder and meat paste .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404491816' post='2493212']

You are lucky in that respect then. The hipsters where I live are[i] way [/i] too hip to go to Glasto. They probably go to some festival we have never heard of held in November at a secret location in rural Wales where the hippest DJ's are flown in from Japan and Outer Mongolia to provide a soundtrack to the burning of effigies while everybody is off their bonce on a new designer drug made from scouring powder and meat paste .
[/quote]
I sense a movie script.