Why become a member? ×

Bass faces.

leschirons

As bass players,

We may gently close our eyes whilst getting carried away on a wave of euphoria as the band sounds so good.

We may exhibit a subtle expression of utter boredom 11 minutes into the guitarists trademark "Red house" solo.

Our eyes may widen a little at the appearance of a stunningly attractive member of the audience.

But, we don't pull daft bass faces like guitarists who wah-wah with their mouths as they simulate inflating a car tyre with a Cry-baby. Or grit their teeth with eyes screwed shut as they under bend at the 20th fret somehow expecting more teeth gritting to equate to more string bending...... Or do we?

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1403732452' post='2485838']
As bass players,

We may gently close our eyes whilst getting carried away on a wave of euphoria as the band sounds so good.

We may exhibit a subtle expression of utter boredom 11 minutes into the guitarists trademark "Red house" solo.

Our eyes may widen a little at the appearance of a stunningly attractive member of the audience.

But, we don't pull daft bass faces like guitarists who wah-wah with their mouths as they simulate inflating a car tyre with a Cry-baby. Or grit their teeth with eyes screwed shut as they under bend at the 20th fret somehow expecting more teeth gritting to equate to more string bending...... Or do we?
[/quote]

Janek Gwizdala... Nuff said.

Edited by skej21

I've been caught out a few times:

Exhibit A - the "away with the fairies"

Exhibit B - the "who said that?"

Exhibit C - the "I wish I had gone to the loo before I started"

Exhibit D - the "general purpose scrunched up face"

That'll do :)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1403775061' post='2486112']
It's the beer holder strapped to your right leg that worries me...
[/quote]

To be honest the beer holder is far from the most worrying thing about that photo.....

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1403775213' post='2486116']
To be honest the beer holder is far from the most worrying thing about that photo.....
[/quote]

+1
Indeed, they're quite overpriced. For the same money you could get a Bongo!

A mic stand beer/drink holder is the first thing that should go in your gig bag. Without one - I guarantee that at some point in your gigging career your drink will end up standing on top of your amp. You can get them on ebay for a few quid , most are advertised as attaching to a drum/cymbal stand. Buy one - TODAY !

+1 Michael League, saw Snarky Puppy about a month or so ago - Went for the music, stayed for the bass faces haha.

Also an honorable mention is Danyel Morgan from the Robert Randolph band.
Check out the bass face @ ~2:25

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggNY41Vc5yE[/media]

Edited by Sammers