Why become a member? ×

Use a plectrum??

TheGreek

Dava control picks for me

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dava-Control-Tips-Combo-Pack-Picks/dp/B003NX2P0E/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1390376564&sr=8-10&keywords=dava+control+pick"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dava-Control-Tips-Combo-Pack-Picks/dp/B003NX2P0E/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1390376564&sr=8-10&keywords=dava+control+pick[/url]

Blagged one off a guitarist a few years ago, and never looked back, nice and grippy so I dont squeeze so tight, I used to get cramp when pick playing. I'm not a natural pick player and like others only use em for a couple of songs a night. last ages too, bought my last pack of 6 about 2 years ago, and still got 4!

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1390378032' post='2344569']
I'm ordering a load of custom picks (BC logos) to give away as gifts at the next Herts Bash - I was hoping for a consensus - I'll see if they'll mix and match...
[/quote]

Not wanting to put a damper on your scheme, but IME the picks used by most of the suppliers offering a personalisation service are the plectrum equivalent of Rotosound strings. As you can see from the previous posts most of us here have much more discerning tastes (just like strings)!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1390378753' post='2344575']
Not wanting to put a damper on your scheme, but IME the picks used by most of the suppliers offering a personalisation service are the plectrum equivalent of Rotosound strings. As you can see from the previous posts most of us here have much more discerning tastes (just like strings)!
[/quote][quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1390378032' post='2344569']
I'm ordering a load of custom picks (BC logos) to give away as gifts at the next Herts Bash - I was hoping for a consensus - I'll see if they'll mix and match...
[/quote]

I see no problem in doing that, as long as you are aware they will most likely be novelty items and not get used. Sorry if that sounds like a bit of a dampener, it's a really nice idea.

[url="http://www.astrings.co.uk/image/cache/data/fender_346_heavy-500x500.jpg"][/url]

Fender Heavy 346 for me. Like others I only use picks for a few songs, so I like that I've always got a 'point' whichever way I grab the pick.

Edited by 41.2Hz

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1390378032' post='2344569']
[/quote]
Our guitarist once had the wonderful idea of getting picks with the band name on them, we had to order 144 of them, they'd last about half a song before snapping, finished up chucking them into the crowd

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1390383969' post='2344659']
Our guitarist once had the wonderful idea of getting picks with the band name on them, we had to order 144 of them, they'd last about half a song before snapping, finished up chucking them into the crowd
[/quote]

You get [i][b]crowds[/b][/i]?!?! :o B)

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1390380954' post='2344612']
I have never understood how anyone can bear to use thin, floppy plectrums on bass. In my opinion it just feels horrible and sounds weedy.
[/quote]

I beg to differ! It's not how thin or floppy it is, it's how you use it! :D

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1390345688' post='2344467'] Hardly use 'em these days, but when I do it's a Jim Dunlop 1mm nylon. Slightly flexible for more feel & a textured gripping area for sweat resistance. Jon. [/quote]
+1 Been using them for years after trying various others that didn't quite feel right to me. I only seem to get them in black though which isn't great being dropped on a dark stage.