Why become a member? ×

What cover do you enjoy playing the most?

xgsjx

Actually I quite enjoyed it on Saturday when we decided to throw in the Arctic Monkey's version of Drake's 'Going Home' as a final encore. Considering we'd only briefly discussed doing it after the previous gig and didn't rehearse it at all in advance it didn't sound too shabby and the audience got into the groove with it.

This one.... Just love the grungey feel and some great-sounding guitar chords:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAn9CNEye4[/media]

Really like this one too:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuYPCP2RSXA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuYPCP2RSXA[/url]

Edited by Conan

Gigwaise, I think my favourite is "She sells sanctuary". Certainly not a complex bassline but with lots of energy if played a little faster than the original.

I also enjoy Feeder's "Feeling a moment" for rather different reasons - I find it rather satisfying to play and there's room for some passion.

With the Function Band it would have to be either Ain't no Stoppin us Now (McFadden & Whitehead) or September (Earth Wind & Fire).
With the get together once in a while Jazz/Fusion band, either Cold Duck Time (Al Jarreau version) or Cissy Strut (The Meters)

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1386165940' post='2296621']
Gigwaise, I think my favourite is "She sells sanctuary". Certainly not a complex bassline but with lots of energy if played a little faster than the original.

[/quote]

Definitely agree (apart from the going faster than the original bit - couldn't manage that! :o ). I like it cos I can do a bit of headbanging during the long drum fill when I'm not actually playing. :lol:

My other fave is Heart Shaped Box. I love all the string bending business. We don't do it that often though, due to the down tuning. Neither I nor guitarist are very good at down tuning quickly :blush:

[sup][size=3]Slightly ashamed to say it's currently All Night Long by Lionel Richie. We gigged it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it went down a storm, best reaction of the night by a mile. Very dull bass line but loved watching the drunken dancing.[/size][/sup]

Crazy In Love by Beyonce- The bassline in the original doesn't actually do anything in the verses, so I try and shoehorn in a different classic riff or two every gig in to raise a knowing smile from my bandmates. Current favorites to chuck in include Jungle Boogie, Come Together, and Moby Dick/Black Dog/The Ocean... sad thing is the crowd are usually none the wiser!