Why become a member? ×

Can a real man wear a...*Purple Metal Flake* Flea Bass?

Chiliwailer

They say a real man can wear pink.

I am wanting a Flea Bass, have been for a while. Finally given up on getting a Lane Poor version, having heard various sound clips of the Seymour Duncan + OBP-1 preamp I'm convinced that's ok.

But..... my friend has this one for sale and it is in [size=5][color=#800080][b]purple metal flake!!! :o[/b][/color][/size] It's not cheap, but then again will they ever will be.

I'm only go to play this at home, the little kid in me wants a Flea Bass just for the awesome tone and fun of it, purple flake is kinda fun?

Please guys and gals, [u]give it to me straight,[/u] no holding back, be nice, be mean, just don't be diplomatic!

Thanks.

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1382770281' post='2256339']
Purple? Nowt wrong with purple.
[/quote]
[quote name='BobVbass' timestamp='1382769937' post='2256338']
I love it - buy it ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1382769401' post='2256335']
I'd gig it!
[/quote]
[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1382768879' post='2256329']
Funky! I don't generally like purple but that's cool.
[/quote]
[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1382768237' post='2256324']
Just buy it.
[/quote]

Hahaha! I'm loving this! :D

I feel like a new bass day might be around the corner....

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1382770840' post='2256344']
Stick with the P's :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Oooh, nice call!

I'm fully sticking with my worn in '66 Precision, that's a keeper till death. But the mint condition '66 one could be sold tomorrow. Of course I'm really gutted about that, but the extra cash will really come in handy, even after getting the Modulus. I really like the guy who may be buying it, it'd be in great hands.

So my reality is that some extra cash and variation in my basses has almost sealed the deal for me.

Tough choice I'll admit. Cheers!

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1382774199' post='2256375']
More like you're not a real man if you're only going to play this at home ;)

This bass was made to be shown off, so you'd better buy it and get out there, unless there's a damn good medical reason why not.
[/quote]

Mate, I am literally laughing out loud, because I do have a medical reason why I stopped gigging - I have severe nerve damage to my neck and back.

No harm done my friend, what are the chances eh?!!! :D

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1382774353' post='2256380']
Mate, I am literally laughing out loud, because I do have a medical reason why I stopped gigging - I have severe nerve damage to my neck and back.

No harm done my friend, what are the chances eh?!!! :D
[/quote]

Well, wasn't that a sensible disclaimer to put in, eh? Seriously though, just go for it if it'd make you happy. Gender based "rules" are outdated anyway. As far as I'm aware, and in keeping with the medical theme one is a "real" man if one has a Y chromosome.

You mate knows you're interested, does he?

What would you tell him as a reason to not buy it?
Surely you can't say it looks gay?

BTW I used to have a metallic aubergine company car. I loved it. Ir was different. I didnt see a problem with it until I changed my job and a colleague came to collect it and he even saw driving it back as an assault on his masculinity; poor feeble twit.

Buy it and live!!

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1382769401' post='2256335']
I'd gig it!
[/quote]

I think it's only fair to point out that you did buy that green Yamaha because you liked the colour, to add a bit of balance :-)

Seriously, I think this bass looks stunning and if I could cope with the full-on nature of these basses, it wouldn't bother me a bit. I once had a go on Kiwi's Sonic Hammer, and boy did that thing have a serious attitude!

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you it'll look much nicer with a tortoiseshell scratch plate.

Edited by pete.young