Why become a member? ×

Hartke fans - Debate!

action_panzer

I've only had an HA3500 and have never used an LH so I can't really contribute effectively here. What I will say is that I liked the HA3500. The only reason I got rid was because I got a new detachable head combo and it was surplus to requirements. Well, it was heavy too, but I could have put up with it. Always liked the sound I got out of it, and because it's found in so many rehearsal rooms and in house back line, I'm right at home whenever I encounter one.

I had a HA2000 and a HA5500 - both great sounding and completely reliable amps but both sold on due to getting lighter gear that could cover the same ground. Nearly had an LH1000, too, but it had to be sent back due to occasional loud pops and bangs through the speakers with nothing plugged in and the volume fully down. On that basis, I vote HA series - I just wish they were lighter.

Never had an HA, but can fully give the thumbs up re the LH. My 500 does indeed sound monster through my Hydrive 4 x10, & the simplicity of the EQ makes anything else seem a bit unecessary! It's built like a tank too!

Edited by Wilco

They both have a place depending on what you're after. I've had HA3500, HA5500a, LH500 (x2) & LH1000

The HA models are great if you're looking for a lot of control of your sound but if you want simple and something that sounds good with minimal adjustment the the LH series are the ones to go for

I have an HA3500 head that I use as my chuck-it-in-the-car rehearsal (and occasional gig) amp, had it for years and it's been brilliant. Plug'n'play is good but I like having all the control that the HAs give you. Makes it easy to deal with an odd-sounding venue.

• 2 weeks later...

After the disaster with the new Hartke Kilo I bought a few weeks ago I wouldn't touch Hartke with the proverbial big pole.
Faulty new amp and complete lack of customer service. (2 weeks to respond ?)

Not the kind of service I expect from any company let alone a dedicated bass company.

Vote of no confidence from me.

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1380484147' post='2226049']Vote of no confidence from me.[/quote]

I suspected you would say that! Not to belittle your experience (which sounded like a right pain in the arse) there are many more satisfied customers than dissatisfied I suspect.

Dave, I assume that because you'd gone to talk to Hartke that you'd somehow had a problem with the shop that you bought from? I mean - it's the outlet who provides the customer service where a product purchased is faulty.

I have an HA3500 in a wooden box.
While being a great amp I found the fan very noisy and have changed it for a quieter fan.
I also find that I have had to change the tube quite often as I find it gets noisy unless it is running s reasonably fresh tube.
i was driving a BF S12T and the Master was up at 2 o'clock so could have been driving the amp quite hard.

I have now got myself a GenzBenz Shuttle 9.2 and the HA3500 has been demoted to the subs bench.

Edited by Twigman