Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Another Geddy Lee by fender

Icunningham

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/custom-shop/basses/jazz-bass/limited-geddy-lee-1972-jazz-bass-maple-fingerboard-black/"]http://www.fender.co...gerboard-black/[/url]

Just seen this on the fender Facebook, looks awesome to me, but I don't get why they have to make another Geddy bass. They could have just brought it out as it was I.e a 72 relic'd custom shop jazz. I suppose it'll get the Geddy fans into it. What do you guys think ?

Edited by Icunningham

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1377715609' post='2190829']

So Andy, why not just get a LPB Lakland Jones with maple board/mop blocks? :D
[/quote]

Have tried them, I'm not a big fan...I once had money ready for a USA Osborn in lpb with blocks and binding, but they changed UK distributor and the price I'd been quoted by one team went up dramatically once the changeover had happened.

Think I bought a bass with the deposit and the rest is history.

I read road worn and assumed foolishly they'd done a road worn geddy, not a cs relic.

It's a pathetic thing, it's a colour combo I love, but is rarely seen and I've got a jazz I love so I don't 'need' another.

But if I were paying Fender Custom money, I'd want a custom bass, not a sig model.

Looks cool, but it'd be cooler if they followed up the Nate Mendel (have you tried one? They're ace!) with a few other updated MIM signature basses like a Sting road worn without the silly inlay, and an MIM Jaco?

Just ideas. Dangerous.

Geddy Lee loves maple necks, whatever they have black or pearl inlays. You can check on the web, there are thousands of pictures.

With his fame, he makes sell many basses so why not another serie ? :D

Personnaly i don't appreciate Artist Models. I fell like faking someone else :)

I agree with others bass fellows, a CS price is far from Leo's low price instruments Spirit.

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1377762433' post='2191357']
"Lee first used it for a couple songs on enormously successful..."

I understand that omitting 'of' after 'couple' is a standard colloquial idiom in North America, but to end up in print like that is awful. Poor show, Fender.
[/quote]

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one who had this as their first thought!

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1377716735' post='2190861']

Looks cool, but it'd be cooler if they followed up the Nate Mendel (have you tried one? They're ace!) with a few other updated MIM signature basses like a Sting road worn without the silly inlay, and an MIM Jaco?

[/quote]
I expect we will see some more MIM signature models, I have a feeling when Mastodon bring out a new album we'll be seeing a Mexican made Silver-burst P/J Troy Sanders signature

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1377793701' post='2191969']
Ad says that Ged used the Jazz for 'Limelight' - but he's on record as saying that he played the Ric on that, but used the Jazz in the video ('Tom Sawyer being the reverse - Jazz on record, Ric in the video).
[/quote]

Yes, that is what I thought as I saw that interview the day before yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wma2NtQ1CIE

at around 4:50.

I didn't know he had used Wals for a bit though. Which is odd as I saw them on the hold your fire tour, and didn't notice.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1377808467' post='2192289']
Why has it got a pearl pickguard..?
[/quote]

Because his No 1, $200 72 has a pearl one fitted. I think he changed it for the start of the Time Machine tour.

That price is bloomin shocking. They are really taking the mick with this one.

GuitarGuitar have it on their site for £3499 which is still The Big Money, but is still just about affordable for hardcore fans.

I saw Rush this year in Birmingham and they were selling Clockwork Angels leather jackets for £400 a pop... "Who's gonna spend that much at a gig on merchandise!?" Throughout the night I saw at least 10 people wearing them.
I guess Fender know that Rush fans are dedicated enough to spend loads of money on Rush merch'/memorabilia.

[quote name='adamlunt' timestamp='1377870925' post='2193055']
GuitarGuitar have it on their site for £3499 which is still The Big Money, but is still just about affordable for hardcore fans.

I saw Rush this year in Birmingham and they were selling Clockwork Angels leather jackets for £400 a pop... "Who's gonna spend that much at a gig on merchandise!?" Throughout the night I saw at least 10 people wearing them.
I guess Fender know that Rush fans are dedicated enough to spend loads of money on Rush merch'/memorabilia.
[/quote]
Sigh - I preferred being a Rush fan back in the days when being a Rush fan was considered alternative. The music was much better then too imho.

Rather strange. If you read the description on GG web site, it says that the bridge pickup is in the mid 70`s position, closer to the bridge. Not only is it expensive but the pup is in the wrong place for a 72 :huh: It might be a typo?

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=13082910051016"]http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=13082910051016[/url]