Why become a member? ×

Pointless (TV Prog)

spongebob

Don't know if it's on a +1, but the BBC1 TV show 'Pointless' just had a bass players round a few minutes ago!

I won't spoil it for you - I managed all 14 answers - but only managed one above the lowest in each.

Quite an entertaining bit of banter between the hosts as well surrounding us bassists! :D[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1369782246' post='2092801']
OK, I won't spoilit for you either. Didn't know Richard Osman's brother is Mat Osman, bassman for Suede.
[/quote]

That fact came up at the weekend here on BC , you must keep up :D

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1369759065' post='2092415'] I managed all 14 answers - but only managed one above the lowest in each.
! :D[size=4] [/size]
[/quote]

Me too. Thanks for the heads up. Caught it on iplayer. An enjoyable 15 mins

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1369785525' post='2092823']
I got them all apart from two from the first round, I think it was Coldplay and McFly or something, so nothing I was really missing out on.
[/quote]

Double ditto, nailed the 2nd round lowest score though and mid table 1st round comfortably through I think! *smug grin*

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1369782246' post='2092801']
Didn't know Richard Osman's brother is Mat Osman, bassman for Suede.
[/quote]
If I had a brother who was a member of Suede I'd keep quiet about it too.

Just watched too, got 13 of them and pleased to say the one I did not know was the guy from Coldplay :D

The thing I always love on that show is the person that goes last always says they only knew the 3 answers the other players knew! So she knew Gene Simmons was/is in Kiss but none of the others? yeah right ;)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

I'm embarrassed to say I got all of them (that means I know who the bassist in McFly is, hence the embarrassment). I actually guessed Chris Wolstenholme would be the lowest, I watch a fair bit of Pointless (yea I know...) and from a lot of the questions it's clear the sample is generally more middle-aged, on music questions that span a few decades the 70's 80's stuff is always more popular. And I remember there was a question about Prime Ministers and Harold Wilson and James Callaghan scored more than Tony Blair.