Why become a member? ×

The London Bass Guitar Show 2014

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1393347706' post='2379090']
Look out for our backdrop on stand C1A :)

[/quote]

That poster is great, but along with taglines like " Get Advice" and " Come To A Basschat Bash" you should have ones saying things like " Have A Heated Argument With Very Weird Complete Strangers" and "Get Banned For Expressing Perfectly Reasonable Political Views". :lol:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1393529729' post='2381581']
Or more precisely, expressing political views in a subforum that actively asks user not to talk politcs? :D
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that, . Anyway, I could not and will not comment on any such subforum or any discussions within it , if indeed such a subforum actually exists, which it does not.

I certainly hope that if unsuspecting members of the public join Basschat on basis of the information on that poster that they don't actually read the advice given on this forum. [u][i]and actually believe it ![/i][/u] I shudder to think what that could lead to. You need to put up some kind of disclaimer to the effect that using flatwound strings will not necessarily save your marriage and Benito Mussolini did not actually invent the fretless bass.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1393575529' post='2381974']
Is there anywhere to eat at these events? or maybe get a beer? Is it one of those 'once your in your in for good' things or can you come and go with your ticket?
[/quote]
There is a pub across the street, the hand and flower I think its called. They do reasonable pub grub. You can get back in and out of the show too.
I know as I bumped into Guy Pratt outside the venue having a crafty fag last year. :D

There is a Tesco outside, and a pub, and a small arabic restaurant IIRC, and a cafe at the venue (to be avoided). You are given a wristband and can come and go as you please (unless they've suddenly changed the rules).

I'm going there this pm to help Bass Gear and to carry part of my load, including the awkward cardboard tube with the posters and backdrop, tamed with a bit of ingenuity :D

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1393578763' post='2382044']
From memory when attending the first London Show. there was a café with long queues and high prices....I seem to remember a Tesco fairly close by however.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1393579453' post='2382062']
There is a pub across the street, the hand and flower I think its called. They do reasonable pub grub. You can get back in and out of the show too.
I know as I bumped into Guy Pratt outside the venue having a crafty fag last year. :D
[/quote]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1393581298' post='2382102']
There is a Tesco outside, and a pub, and a small arabic restaurant IIRC, and a cafe at the venue (to be avoided). You are given a wristband and can come and go as you please (unless they've suddenly changed the rules).
[/quote]

Thanks guys, pub grub and a crafty pint or two it is then...

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1393579453' post='2382062']
...I bumped into Guy Pratt outside the venue having a crafty fag last year. :D
[/quote]

seems like everyone who left the building at any time during the show, bumped into Guy Pratt having a fag outside :)