Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
Silvia Bluejay

The London Bass Guitar Show 2014

Yes, yes, I know, this post may well win the Most Preposterously Early Thread award! :P :lol: :sun_bespectacled:
Aaanyway, the dates have been announced, and they're 1 & 2 March 2014. Just thought y'all might like to know :gas: :D :rolleyes:

[url="http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/"]http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/[/url]

Hopefully lots of Good Things will come to those of us who can wait! :i-m_so_happy:

ahhh, i came on here all excited thinking you were going to say in the next couple of months.

Nope, because Xmas features [b]much [/b]less prominently in my calendar than the LBGS or indeed most music-related events... :D :P :gas:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1368054101' post='2072736']
Nope, because Xmas features [b]much [/b]less prominently in my calendar than the LBGS or indeed most music-related events... :D :P :gas:
[/quote]

Yep, you're a bass player... :lol:

Yes, I think I am going to get along to this. I certainly need to plan a long way ahead because I do a German trade fair the week leading up to it.

[size=4]The Bass guitar show looks really cool I would love to go never been to anything like this before.Does anyone know if kids are allowed (10 year old) as I would like to take my son he is a bit keen on the old bass.But think I will try and go will have to see about trains and travelling but it does look cool.[/size]

LOL feel free - how could the chronic complainers have their say about the LBGS if nobody slapped? They'd have to complain about their favourite retailer not being there, or the volume of the performances being too loud, or God forbid, they'd end up actually [b]enjoying [/b]the show too much otherwise. :rolleyes: :D :P

Thunderbird, AFAIK there are no age restrictions at the LBGS, so if your son is prepared to put up with the inevitable noise, I'm sure he'll be welcome. You could get him a pair of decent earplugs, to be on the safe side.

I hope Basschat will ask me to represent again next year :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1368054101' post='2072736']
[/quote]

Good to see you`ve got your priorities straight Sylvia. This years LBGS - my first - was great, will def go to next years providing I`m not gigging.

I'm going in any case, whether as Basschat's rep or not, and I hope I'll see you again there, Lozz, together with as many other BCers as possible. We'll make another massive BC meet-up out of it, one way or another :D :gas:

A big plus 1 to that Sylvia.
It will definitely be an annual event for me now.
My bass teacher was so jealous when I told him I'd met Peter Hook, who is one of his heroes.
Where else could a an amateur like me get an experience like that?

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1369343567' post='2088258']
I will defo make next year :D
[/quote]

That would be brill. It would be great to meet you :-)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1369350477' post='2088374']

That would be brill. It would be great to meet you :-)
[/quote]

You too Shell :D x

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1368906799' post='2082963']
[size=4]The Bass guitar show looks really cool I would love to go never been to anything like this before.Does anyone know if kids are allowed (10 year old) as I would like to take my son he is a bit keen on the old bass.But think I will try and go will have to see about trains and travelling but it does look cool.[/size]
[/quote]Yes indeed ... just make sure you have some ear protectors for junior (they do hand out the stock foam ones)

Incidentally, I think I'll get the whole weekend ticket deal of £30 + handling fee if bought before 1st Sept 2013.
[url="http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/visit/buy-tickets/"]http://www.londonbas...it/buy-tickets/[/url]

Hoping to see you there! Edited by bluejay

Excellent! I need to remember to get my tix in the next few days. Special weekend deal at £30 + handling fee until the end of August, if anyone else is interested.

Well it'd be rude not to then...

Now if we could get John Taylor, Michael Anthony & Billy Sheehan there I'd be even happier! :D