Why become a member? ×

If you could step into somebodys shoes for a time . .

Black Coffee

If you could have been there and played a part of a famous bassists career. Who would it have been ? 5 examples....

John Deacon following Queens resurgence in the 80s after Live Aid ?
Sting during the Police.
Cliff Williams, to watch Angus Young up close for so many years.
Lemmy...... all the time but mostly during the manic louder than everything else Ace of Spades era.

Or for me. Steve Harris during the Powerslave world tour around '85.

See the world, play music you love with a first class band on a huge stage production which was watched by thousands of people.
And be an encouragement and inspiration to so many people.

That'll do.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1358003795' post='1931697']
This probably should be in "Off Topic" really though...
[/quote]

Sorry to the admin crew if I am indeed in the wrong place for this post. This was more an impulsive post as we were discussing it at home here.

:unsure:

Edited by bassman344

Adam Clayton - for the last 20 years. Pish easy job, raking it in...nuff said really.
Doug Wimbish - what isn't there to like about what he's done?
Ian King or Andrew McKinney with the James Talyor Quartet
I' d love to be able to have the technical ability, versatility and finger strength of John Patitucci in the mid 80's to now.

Jason Newsted on the Shattered Justice tour - play the first 4 Metallica albums to stadiums? That'll do.

I'd also love to jump into the shoes of where's playing bass for Down at the moment - possibly my dream gig.

Edited by Graham

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' timestamp='1358004286' post='1931704']
One of two probably:

Bruce Foxton - My main influence growing up as a bass player. Fantastic powerful sound, great band (especially live - no frills - just pure sweat).
[/quote]

+1. Met him a couple of months ago, and he`s a really nice guy, as well as being an amazing bassist.

If choosing another, probably Glen Matlock. To have been in The Sex Pistols in 76 must have been great - being able to deal with JR apart, that is.

Part of this whole idea strikes me as a little macabre as obviously I wouldn't want to go through what he went through later in life, but would have loved to have spent a few moments in Ronnie Lane's shoes - something about the Faces for me, they just sound like they're having fun and playing like a band should play.