Why become a member? ×

2013 Closet Classic Precision

discreet

[b]2013 Closet Classic Precision[/b]

Fender Custom Shop have revealed the 2013 Closet Classic Precision, part of the Custom Shop Pro Series.

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/basses/precision-bass/2013-closet-classic-precision-bass-pro/"]http://www.fender.com/en-GB/basses/precision-bass/2013-closet-classic-precision-bass-pro/[/url]

AFAIC, there's so much wrong with the design of this abomination I just don't know where to start! :D
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1357827209' post='1929066']
That looks like a £90 children's starter bass. Who would pay up for that?
[/quote]I was just looking & thinking - surely that's a kid's bass? :D

Edit: It is isn't it? Surely - (don't call me Shirley) :rolleyes:

Edited by KiOgon

[i][b][color=#333333][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]The Custom Shop Pro Series is always experimenting with new concepts ...[/font][/color][/b][/i]

[color=#333333][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!![/font][/color]

I think what offends me most is the 51 headstock shape coupled with the 57 pickguard shape. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!
If only they had chosen a 51-shape pickguard then it might have looked halfway decent.

In fact a 51-type pickup in the usual place and one at the bridge (with a 51-type control plate with THREE knobs on it) would have been pretty radical and quite impressive - if Fender hadn't completely f*cked-up by using a 57-pg which TOTALLY makes the thing look like a dog's breakfast...

Edited by discreet

It would be very interesting to see the figures for how many of these they actually sell over the course of the year . It would be interesting to see who bought them . The 2011 Precision Pro was eye -wateringly beautiful , 2012 was similaly hot . This doesn't even give us something to dream about . I've seen better looking basses in the Argos catalogue . Fact .

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1357832820' post='1929235']
I know it looks sh*te, but it might sound good.[/quote]

It might - two 51-type pups at neck and bridge is not too crazy an idea, and is in fact very original, but Fender really have dropped an orb with the overall design of this, imho. I think they must scour the forums to see what's hot - then do the exact opposite. It's the only possible explanation.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1357828669' post='1929118']
I think what offends me most is the 51 headstock shape coupled with the 57 pickguard shape. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!
If only they had chosen a 51-shape pickguard then it might have looked halfway decent.

In fact a 51-type pickup in the usual place and one at the bridge (with a 51-type control plate with THREE knobs on it) would have been pretty radical and quite impressive - if Fender hadn't completely f*cked-up by using a 57-pg which TOTALLY makes the thing look like a dog's breakfast...
[/quote]

Yes I think they would have to change where the knobs were if a 51 style plate were on. In their current position you would probably end up with maybe 1 knob or half a knob under the 51 plate and the other 2 to the left of it. Not to mention the knob shelling out good money for it in the first place ;)