Why become a member? ×

Barefaced-still waiting....

cameltoe

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1386161761' post='2296525']
I just had a quick read through this. So much negativity... they are nice cabs, sound decent and what not. If you don't want to wait, dont. Go buy an Ashdown/Ampeg/Blah blah blah - it's well known the timescales these take. If you prefer the sound of a TC - Good - use that, prefer the sound of Behringer? Awesome. Use that. Aren't opinions great eh? Life would be sh*te if we all loved the same gear.

This whole site seems to be filled with grumpy buggers and nay sayers. It's a totally depressing read nowadays.

All IMO before I get shot down in flames by the usual suspects. ;)
[/quote]

All of this :)

Are the usual suspects a club..??

I think you do indeed have a group of people who really don't want to read another thread about someone's BF cab as there are already too many saying the same things......and the fanbois are just as irritating
a group as the naysayers may be percieved to be,.

Wayne dude is right.... the cabs get hyped a lot for something that is a niche product...and not generally known about
I could ask 10 bass players about them and I'd get 7-8 blank looks, minimum....and that would include a few bass players in a few shops.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1386185556' post='2296934']
.....and the fanbois are just as irritating

Wayne dude is right.... the cabs get hyped a lot for something that is a niche product...and not generally known about
[/quote]

Agreed. I have no 'dog in the fight' so to speak, but I have to admit, there is a tendency for certain people to try to become almost 'associated' or 'friendly' with certain manufacturers. Almost like a very poor version of a sponsorship, but perhaps they are looking for future discounts? :P

This does not even just extend to BF; it extends to many manufacturers and even stores (again, I think they want to show loyalty and become a 'golden' customer).

Who knows. I am always cynical of posts like that. No one owes anyone a living on here so I couldn't really care where something is made and whether it is a british company.

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1386185904' post='2296939']
I'm just impressed that someone on this site has got an orangerie and a library.
[/quote]
Ha ha, + 1 to that, altjough I have to admit that I di find the acoustic in my wine cellar a little lively also

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1386188303' post='2297004']
And from a guy with 'Musicman' in his username :)
[/quote]

I've had that since before I owned one! Just a teenage dream of owning a Ray! I do not in any way try to badger the company for anything, and to be honest, they probably wouldn't have time anyway, as even Flea didn't get a Ray with his name on it.

Edited by Musicman20

I have to say that the communications with Alex and Bobby have been first class. They kept me posted on what was happening. Yeah, the Big Twin 2 took a little longer than expected but, bugger me with the bell-end of a ragman's trumpet, it was well worth the wait. The thing is a monster!! :yarr:

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1386187225' post='2296971']
Ha ha, + 1 to that, altjough I have to admit that I di find the acoustic in my wine cellar a little lively also
[/quote]

You obviously have too much white wine in storage. Red would give a much darker and fuller tone. And which port would you use?

Well, given today's weather, don't be too choosy - any port in a storm!

Edited by Conan

Interesting thread. Fair points on both sides, to one degree or another.

I don't have a horse in this race, having tried and just returned a BB2 (great cab though!), but I do respect the hard work and R&D which went into it.

I think most small businesses go through issues in the first few years of starting up. On the whole my Barefaced experience was straightforward and I knew getting in how long it would roughly take. I made provisions for that.

I had a great opportunity to try out something cutting edge, and make use of an excellent customer service where I could return it if needed. Cosmetics were good, as far as I was concerned. Not at Bergantino CN cabinet levels (probably the highest level of build I have seen), but good. Seemed durable, loud as advertised, light, you know the drill.

In the long run, Alex can take what he wishes from constructive criticism, and the market will dictate his success (or otherwise).

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1386316934' post='2298584']
And a "Large Hall"!!!! Does the house have a selection of halls in differing sizes?
[/quote]

And different names? Maybe he has a John Hall....

OK, getting coat as we speak. :rolleyes:

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1386185556' post='2296934']
Are the usual suspects a club..??

I think you do indeed have a group of people who really don't want to read another thread about someone's BF cab as there are already too many saying the same things......and the fanbois are just as irritating

I could ask 10 bass players about them and I'd get 7-8 blank looks, minimum....and that would include a few bass players in a few shops.
[/quote]

More of a school yard group. A clicke if you will.

Also my comment was not just aimed at BF, All i said regarding that was if you like another brand use that. when people ask what cab, yes feel free to add your opinion. Just as those with BF cabs will do...

These threads come up so often it's became a little panto.

"These cabs are the best"
"Noooooo these cabs are the best"
"Noooooooo THESE cabs are the best!"