Why become a member? ×

Rare and expensive bass effects

NoirBass

I would be interested to know what effects you'd like to try but haven't been able to, either due to their rarity or prohibitively high cost.

Here's mine:

BJFE Blueberry Bass Overdrive
D*A*M* Ezekiel 25:17 Bass OD / Distortion
Mu-Tron Phasor II
Mu-Tron Octave Divider
Original Ampeg Scramber
Original A/DA Flanger
Roland CE-1 Chorus
Maestro Brassmaster
Original Digitech Whammy
Lovetone Ring Stinger

Edited by NoirBass

For me it would be the original Musitronics Mu-Tron III and the Mu-tron III+ HAZ version - just to see if they are much different.

Also the Love Tone Meatball and the Akai Deep Impact.

All of them look/sound interesting and I'm definitely tempted to get a Mu-tron III (if at the right price), but I'm not sure if they are worth splashing out all that cash on.

+1 on the Love Tone Meatball

I'd love to get a Boss Slow Gear. I do have the Behringer clone, which works fine, but there's something about having a rare £200+ pedal that no one uses...

Oh, and there was a weird Boss synth pedal once, the Wave Generator IIRC - it was a twin pedal and used a thirteen pin roland style cable. Would love to have a go with that one.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1348224568' post='1811025']
ODB-3

;)

BJF 3BOD for me as well, though i am on their list so maybe in 12 months time!!

Also, an original version of the maestro (?) pedal MCA used on gratitude and sabotage, i forget what its called
[/quote]

Think the pedal on Sabotage is a Univox U-1095 Super-Fuzz so we can add that to the list!

[quote name='Mabrothrax' timestamp='1348233228' post='1811197']
+1 on the Love Tone Meatball

I'd love to get a Boss Slow Gear. I do have the Behringer clone, which works fine, but there's something about having a rare £200+ pedal that no one uses...

Oh, and there was a weird Boss synth pedal once, the Wave Generator IIRC - it was a twin pedal and used a thirteen pin roland style cable. Would love to have a go with that one.
[/quote]

Apparently you can mod a Boss NF-1 to work in reverse as it the exact same circuit! a much cheaper option.

The Boss Wave processor http://www.bossarea.com/other/wp20g.asp requires a Roland GK MIDI pickup to work as does the Poly Octave http://www.bossarea.com/other/oc20g.asp I'd like to try both too.

Thanks for all your replies, some pedals mentioned I'd not been aware of till now. I'll add them to the GAS pile.

Just Collating the results of this thread, still want to hear what gems you lot are dying to try.

Human Gear Animato
Lovetone Meatball
Owens Electronics Bass Bomb Driver
Akai Unibass
Akai Deep Impact
Boss Slow Gear
Dod Meat Box
Wampler Paisley Drive
Moog Bass Murf
Moog MF-101 Low pass filter
Univox U-1095 Super-Fuzz
Boss Wave processor
Boss Poly Octave
Strymon El Capistan
Eventide Space
BJFE Blueberry Bass Overdrive
D*A*M* Ezekiel 25:17 Bass OD / Distortion
Musitronics Mu-Tron III
Mu-Tron Phasor II
Mu-Tron Octave Divider
Original Ampeg Scramber
Original A/DA Flanger
Roland CE-1 Chorus
Maestro Brassmaster
Original Digitech Whammy
Digitech Bass Whammy
Lovetone Ring Stinger

I've had a Boss Slow Gear previously, to be honest, not overly great. The effect has been bettered since, so if you have a Behringer/Guyatone/Multi-FX equivalent, then thats as good as you'll get.
Cool black pedal though :).
I've got a Boss VB-2 which is pretty rare/expensive, and that is really cool!
Have a Meatbox to, although currently 'on the bench' :)

Si

• 9 months later...

Despite all my pedal buying, i still havn't tried a Mutron III. Personally, i don't think there is anything vintage that i would prefer over the modern equivalent these days, so many excellent pedals about. In terms of expensive, i would also like to spend some time with an Octavious Squeezer, reckon i could tame it ;)

Edited by Kev