Why become a member? ×

Rare and expensive bass effects

NoirBass

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1348847950' post='1819116']
Just Collating the results of this thread, still want to hear what gems you lot are dying to try.

[b]Human Gear Animato[/b]
[b]Lovetone Meatball[/b]
Owens Electronics Bass Bomb Driver
[b]Akai Unibass
Akai Deep Impact[/b]
Boss Slow Gear
Dod Meat Box
Wampler Paisley Drive
Moog Bass Murf
Moog MF-101 Low pass filter
Univox U-1095 Super-Fuzz
Boss Wave processor
Boss Poly Octave
Strymon El Capistan
Eventide Space
BJFE Blueberry Bass Overdrive
D*A*M* Ezekiel 25:17 Bass OD / Distortion
[b]Musitronics Mu-Tron III[/b]
Mu-Tron Phasor II
Mu-Tron Octave Divider
Original Ampeg Scramber
Original A/DA Flanger
Roland CE-1 Chorus
Maestro Brassmaster
Original Digitech Whammy
[b]Digitech Bass Whammy[/b]
Lovetone Ring Stinger
[/quote]

Marked the ones on my list but i guess i would probably try them and pass them on, i'm currently pleased and GAS-free on the stomp department ;)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1349097497' post='1821702']
I've had a Boss Slow Gear previously, to be honest, not overly great. The effect has been bettered since, so if you have a Behringer/Guyatone/Multi-FX equivalent, then thats as good as you'll get.
Cool black pedal though :).
[/quote]

I've seen one original in Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow on sale for about £220.00! Given that the BYOC recommends some internal tweaking which I doubt is available on the original, no thanks.

I used to have GAS for a Zvex Fuzz Factory but since the screen print version brought the prices down from around £300.00 to half that or less 2nd hand, it's gone. Weird. I'd still love to try the Boss CE-1 and A/DA which are already on the list but the only one I'd add would be an original Roland Space Echo.

For me it would be the akai deep impact, human gear animato, ehx civil war big muff and green russian big muff. I wish akai would do a re run of the deep impact. To be paying €600 odd for a pedal that wAs worth £100 odd new is just ridiculous. Same goes for the big muffs, they are awesome pedals, but I would never rely on them for a gig! My Black Russian is very temperamental...

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1373918449' post='2143214']
For me it would be the akai deep impact, human gear animato, ehx civil war big muff and green russian big muff. I wish akai would do a re run of the deep impact. To be paying €600 odd for a pedal that wAs worth £100 odd new is just ridiculous. Same goes for the big muffs, they are awesome pedals, but I would never rely on them for a gig! My Black Russian is very temperamental...
[/quote]

Muse fan? ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1373928218' post='2143410']

Muse fan? ;)
[/quote]

Actually, no! The band I just got sacked from thought they were the greatest if all time... They are a good band, and Chris get some amazing tones but its not really my go. Just have a love of serious fuzz, and also a good synth but not necessarily together!

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1373763892' post='2141463']
I dunno, I spent some time with the Squeezer because my mate couldn't get what he wanted from it. I found it pretty infuriating, really un-intuitive back-page.

Si
[/quote]

+1 I found the Squeezer really tedious, why didn't they add a USB port and some software? It'd be a must have pedal then.

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1373988683' post='2143915']

+1 I found the Squeezer really tedious, why didn't they add a USB port and some software? It'd be a must have pedal then.
[/quote]

Ha! No it wouldn't! People would still complain, same as they do with the markbass synth

• 8 months later...

I've got 2 of the pedals on the list, the Moog LPF & Bass Murf. But my rarest pedal is my cheapest (probably why it is rare) & that's a PSK SDS-2 distortion.
Given to me by a chap who couldn't use it on his acoustic guitar back in the 80s, it's quite a high gain, but keep the gain down & put it on a split signal & it helps make a good synth sound (in combination with the Moogs, octaver & chorus).

Sansamp Para Driver is still available new: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tech-21-Sans-Amp-Para-Driver-Di-Effects-Pedal-NEW-/271438525586?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f32ff3492"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tech-21-Sans-Amp-Para-Driver-Di-Effects-Pedal-NEW-/271438525586?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f32ff3492[/url]

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1395735493' post='2405535']
I would say the sansamp para driver has become pretty rare.
But one that I keep on the lookout for although not an effect pedal is the Pearce BC1 preamp.
[/quote]
I don't think you'll ever find a Pearce BC1 any more, even Billy Sheehan can't get hold of them (He's only got 2 left). That said, would love to try one as well.
I know its not rare but would also like to try the POG2.
Had the Trace Elliot SM7 years ago, never seen another one of them for sale since. prob didn't get enough for it.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1395735493' post='2405535']
I would say the sansamp para driver has become pretty rare.
[/quote]

Only because it hasn't sold very well - you can still buy one new today!

http://www.hotroxuk.com/tech-21-sansamp-para-driver-di.html

[quote name='jetofuj' timestamp='1396345700' post='2412429']
Dreams come true sometimes, ha!

I've been wanting D*A*M for bass for years and finally got one of these beasts few weeks ago.
[/quote]

Cool, does it live up to the expectation?