Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='189601' date='May 1 2008, 11:38 AM']Hysteria - Muse
Paranoid - Black Sabbath[/quote]

someones been playing Rock Band recently :huh:

Hysteria was really hard on that game so I gave it a go on my bass, I learnt the intro then got bored and went back to the xbox :)

Learnt recently... hummm..
Actually, I wrote a list of loads of songs id like to learn at work the other day cause I was bored to tears,

London Calling - Clash
Roundabout - Yes
Coffee Shop - RHCP
Jerry was a race car driver - Forgot who, but I got the guitar pro tab for it and then decided against learning it :huh:
Dock of a bay - Ottis Reading
Play that funky Music white boy
Tom Sawyer - Rush
I am the resurrection - Stone Roses
Cant stop - RHCP
Around the world - RHCP
Anesthesia - Metalica

the only one I got around to learning was the Ottis Reading one

Edited by Jobiebass

I started to learn Courage and Attitude by Alien Ant Farm (Tye Zamora is an amazing player), but I'll have to wait till I get my 5 or 6 string to learn properly as theres a few low notes thrown in and its more hassle than it's worth to try and learn them in drop D.

You should all learn these lines!

[quote name='Moose' post='219221' date='Jun 15 2008, 02:32 PM']Bring me to Life by Evanescence. :)[/quote]

Yes, we have that one in our set. We also have My Immortal nailed, mainly thanks to have a brilliant keyboard player. What an extraordinary song.

I've been working on 'It's my life' by No Doubt. Prolly a synth line originally but it falls nicely under the old fingers.

Lost Art of Keeping a Secret by QotSA. I say learned; I've got a good enough approximation to it that only another bassist would realise that I'm doing it wrong :)

I'm currently working on learning Smooth by Santana and .... Rob Thomas I think. Great bass line. It's going to take me a while to get all the bits together.

Hmmm, what else ... Long Road to Ruin springs to mind. There's a few others but those are the more interesting ones.

[quote name='jonsmith' post='192410' date='May 5 2008, 07:38 PM']Mission by Rush - working on this with my Rush tribute at the moment. Hardest bit seems to be getting the transition from the 5/4 bit under the first guitar solo to the marimba/bass unison part really tight (and the tail end of that part is a bit tricky too). Good fun.[/quote]

One of my fave RUSH numbers, it's awesome live.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='WarPig' post='218778' date='Jun 14 2008, 11:55 AM']club foot by Kasabian[/quote]

I love that track, but couldn't find the tab anywhere, is it fun to play?

My teacher has given me Sunshine of your love to learn, and it's great and simple enough for me to handle.

Edited by redfish

[quote name='redfish' post='269217' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:02 AM']I love that track, but couldn't find the tab anywhere, is it fun to play?

My teacher has given me Sunshine of your love to learn, and it's great and simple enough for me to handle.[/quote]

Yes its fun to play, especially the solo. Ive got the guitar pro file for it but heres the TAB [url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/kasabian/club_foot_ver2_btab.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/kasa...t_ver2_btab.htm[/url]

Sunshine is a classic track, just the blues scale in D and G.

Finished working out John Legends "Get Lifted", The Essential Michael Jackson (Both discs!), The Very Best of James Brown, Viva La Vida for niggles and piggles, and re-worked out Damage Inc. and Battery, tis the season :)

[quote name='silddx' post='232761' date='Jul 4 2008, 03:51 PM']One of my fave RUSH numbers, it's awesome live.[/quote]

Small world ... I found myself playing Territories the other day. I love general Geddy lines from the eighties, also the seventies, nineties and noughties.

Numbers ive learned recently...

Another Won - Dream Theater
Erotomania - Dream Theater
The Ytse Jam - Dream Theater
Set the World on fire - Symphony X
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche
Osmosis - Liquid Tension Experiment
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Level 42 - Dive into the Sun

mostly for the band im joining come university in September. A sort of launch pad before we start writing our own material.