Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

For the past few days I've been unable to get Joy Division's 'Digital' out of my head - hypnotic bass and vocals. I mentioned this to my wife and she suggested putting the song on when we got home - so I dug out my Joy Division Substance CD (the first CD I ever bought).

Next thing I picked up my new Squier VM 70s Jazz and worked out the bassline, closely followed the line for Transmission. Lovely!

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='186294' date='Apr 27 2008, 08:54 AM']Also having a play around with Nina Simone's, "my baby just cares" for a wedding "first dance" that is coming up soon.[/quote]

I've had to learn that too-
a bit tricky as I'm not used to counting bars of each chord to play a walking line over, and our guitarist improvises the solo, so there's no reference points off that.

[quote name='craigjf1969' post='186318' date='Apr 27 2008, 09:58 AM']Just lately mastered Sir Duke and most recently Hit Me with Your Rythmn Stick....and now i feel like i have got arthritis in my fingers :) :huh:[/quote]

I love Sir Duke, one I always play when trying new gear.

Im very embarrased to say the 2 I learned where, When the Sun Goes Down and I Bet You Look Good on the dance Floor by the Arctic Monkeys. I also learned Club Foot by Kasabian.