Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1358375925' post='1938311']simple but nice :)[/quote]

I [i]love[/i] the b-line to Brown Paper Bag! :) First thing I played when I made my DIY fretless.

However.... it always sounds like total s*** live. I saw him play in Manchester just before (or maybe) after he won the Mercury Music Prize in whenever it was (hazy days, can you tell?!). And I was very disappointed. The studio version rocks, however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBoVhx_hDk

kirsty maccoll new england and pretenders dont get me wrong for our cover band , both great fun to play

sometimes i will go through something and figure the bass line and other parts too just to see if its do-able or not for our covers band

sometimes will go through 'standards' like sir duke or party pieces like mayor of simpleton, charming man, rhythm stick etc just so my brain and fingers have figured the patterns out in case i need to pull them out the bag at short notice

Edited by steve-bbb

• 3 months later...

[size=4][sub]Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana[/sub][/size]

[size=4][sub]I always thought I would never need to discover the mysteries of drop tuning, but the new band were keen to try it so I agreed to give it a go. Asked my bass teacher to give me a lesson on it. OMG what tremendous fun - it sounds amazing!![/sub][/size]

[size=4][sub]Got home from the lesson, lowered my strap by 2 inches and really rocked out. Am going strictly by the tab - have no idea what notes I'm playing, lol :lol: [/sub][/size]
[size=4][sub]Can't wait to try it with the band on Sunday. They may need a certain amount of patience while I faff about tuning it down, though. :lol: [/sub][/size]