Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='simes' timestamp='1353614613' post='1876675'] Easy - Commodores Teen Town - Jaco.....well the first 4 bars and only at half the speed it's supposed to be but it's my long term practice piece to work on at lessons. Not my usual musical fare but good for improving and learning. How the hell do you play that fast and maintain accuracy :). [/quote]

Or even make it up in the first place

[quote name='pendingrequests' timestamp='1353683118' post='1877412']
I don't!

They've done very well for themselves and a great bunch of lads, who worked hard to get where they are :)

Paolo Nutini - 10/10
The Strokes - Last Night
Elton John - Step Into Christmas

That time of year...
[/quote]

Oh dear, are you their bassist? haha.

[quote name='Cyrene' timestamp='1353636165' post='1876924']
i know :-) my son likes them... But ti be honest, their basslines are fun to play.
[/quote]

Yeah, indie isn't my thing, but the basslines can be pretty fun.

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1353689727' post='1877549']
to my shame it was merry christmas everybody by slade

ahhhh the joys of being in a function band around this time of year :D
[/quote]

I have to brush up on that this weekend ,and springsteen 'santa clause is comin to town' , and Frankies power of love .
I love playing Slade stuff , Hmm .........Slade tribute band :rolleyes:

[quote name='pendingrequests' timestamp='1353859322' post='1879050']
Nope. Just very good friends.
[/quote]

I see... Well aye, good luck to anybody trying to "make it" in music today. getting so much air shows they really have the dedication to go the distance, but it is unfortunate that their genre tends to be a bit like marmite... you either love it or you hate it. Personally, i'm quite undecided wether i love it or hate it. did they have a bit of mentoring from gary lightbody? he owns that music place in belfast doesn't he? snow patrol is a band i slowly grew out of.

• 1 month later...

Just remembered I am supposed to be learning two Yes songs for r/h on Saturday - well three actually but as one is Your Move & that is basically an open E on1 of every bar as far as I can tell I think I have that nailed.

So tonights sesh was Starship Trooper. I did sort of work it out 30 years ago, but that was to Yessongs on my record player and dropping the stylus back & back to pick stuff up. Tonight was an MP3 into IK Multimedia SVT in X-Gear and boy does that make life easier. Set A-B points to loop and slow it down a bit. An hour later and after looping round the walking bits starting at 85% then speeding it up I think I pretty much have it. HURRAH!!

Tomorrow night is Yours Is No Disgrace (if I'm not too late back from father sitting)

Of course what will then happen is that either only half the band will have read the email and learnt the song and/or we'll run it a couple of times and Mr Anderson's squeaks will defeat the vox & they'll get canned.

Still fun to learn & a bit different from the proposed new three piece blues project that is due to try to get off the ground at the beginning of Feb

Edited by WalMan

Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder.

That unison run took some effort and repetition to get right... but it's a lot of fun once copied into the hard drive in the brain. Still need to work a little to make it run more smoothly though.

[url="http://youtu.be/hmKshpLXnxE"]http://youtu.be/hmKshpLXnxE[/url]

Edited by mcnach