Why become a member? ×

Oh dear God!!!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-ADDER-SNAKE-HEAD-FRETLESS-ELECTRIC-BASS-WOW-/180932063619?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a20643183#ht_500wt_1202"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-ADDER-SNAKE-HEAD-FRETLESS-ELECTRIC-BASS-WOW-/180932063619?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a20643183#ht_500wt_1202[/url]

Love the random string lengths

[size=4]But don't forget

'[/size][left]please remember that this bass has been home made entirely from scratch with household materials'[/left]

[left][size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]The mind boggles!!!![/font][/color][/size][/left]

Edited by davehux

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342797102' post='1741155']
Hahahahahahah[b] I wonder what household items that last one is made from.[/b] :lol:

As for the bass?... nice idea poorly conceived... totally over priced.
[/quote]

Haha...looks more like some medieval torture device :lol:

I reckon playdough and a rubber band would be chaeper and more effective :P

Edited by chilli

There seems to be alot of this about (M D Philips included). I have no problem with people doing stuff like this. Its great. I love it. Its interesting. I do stuff like this myself. But when they try and sell it like its some kind of amazing bit of kit thats worth somehting it realy gets my goat. When will people learn that this stuff isnt worth anything. Make it, enjoy making it, play it, look at it then, show it off stick it in the corner and feel a sense of acheivement and move on. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I wouldnt dare consider selling any of my bitsa's as some kind of collectable gods gift to music!!

A

I don't understand how it's playable at all. The pickup is effectively laying on the fretboard, as far as I can see, so just fingering any higher than the 3rd fret would bottom out on the pickup surely? He also says it can be bowed, but it's totally flat across the saddle, wouldn't it have to be arched to allow the middle strings to be bowed? I came across this problem recently when I tried a Violin bow, for a bit of fun, on one of my Basses. And the wording of the ad suggests, he calls it a Truss Plate, that that metal plate you can see in pic 2 goes all the way along the neck, that's going to be really uncomfortable isn't it? And, to be frank, his "Professional" Airbrushing is sh*t.

I have absolutely nothing against people having a bit of fun experimenting and building things. But I'm not so keen when they try to sell their failures on to unsuspecting people with Bullsh*t. Giving it a high starting price, despite saying there's no reserve, to make it seem exclusive, when it's barely worth the price of a secondhand jack socket and tuners, is just wrong.

Edit to add: Also, his negative feedback is interesting, he likes to call people 'DOLT's. And his interpretation of Ebay's rules is rather suspect too.

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1342824947' post='1741730']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]...stethoscope & penis enlarger anyone? M[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]akings of a nice quiet night in there. [/font][/color][/quote]

Yes... while away the hours listening closely to your penis getting bigger and bigger.

When you consider that he values an Akito motorcycle jacket at £300, valuing a stick with a set of four-in-line tuners arranged as 2+2, half a pickup, and a jack socket at nearly £300 is consistent with his world view.

It's as if he's seen an Ergo upright bass, thought "I can do that", and failed miserably.