Why become a member? ×

Bob Babbit - R.I.P.

kevin_lindsay

Carole Kaye's working her way through the list until there's no one left to contradict her. Seriously, another big loss. I was unaware of a lot of these people other than Jameson until documentaries over the last few years put more of a spotlight on the unsung heroes, Babbit came across as very likeable and genuine.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1342456458' post='1735425']
Seriously, another big loss. I was unaware of a lot of these people other than Jameson until documentaries over the last few years put more of a spotlight on the unsung heroes, Babbit came across as very likeable and genuine.
[/quote]

Yes me too. TG for BBC 4.

And sad news indeed. :(

Sad day for music, two greats gone - and Duck Dunn recently too :( I wonder if there are any musicians in the current generation that will be held in such high regard when they pass? I highly doubt it. These guys were pioneers, the likes of which will never be seen again.

One of my all time favourite players and a very sad loss indeed. One of the most touching and poignant moments in the Standing in the Shadows doc is his conversation with Me'Shell NDegeocello about the love and acceptance he found amongst the other musicians at Motown. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip so I'll just include another great scene and performance from the doc:

[media]http://youtu.be/OVfF5wKF3Kg[/media]

And one of Babitt's playing highlights with bass solo; Scorpio

[media]http://youtu.be/KBn_oUH8Uo0[/media]

J.

Edited by jdizzle