Why become a member? ×

'hot deals' section along with the 'eBay' one? Please vote!

Noisyjon

I see on Talkbass they have this and it looks like a great tool to have.
It's a section where only Shops and Online retailers offers on bass/music related stuff are posted for fellow forumites to see and use.

There have been threads started randomly on here with offers from various companies and I thought it would be good to have them collated somewhere.

What do you lot reckon?

edit: better explaination!

Edited by jonthebass

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1339328861' post='1686827']
[url="http://www.hotukdeals.com"]http://www.hotukdeals.com[/url] ?

Edit: I guess you mean just bass related ones!
[/quote]

Chilli Sauce 48p per bottle

[color=#b22222][size=5][b]GET IN ! [/b][/size][/color] :D

Seems pointless to me. If you're in the Market for bass gear snd someone on Basschat has the item you're after, it's easy to see it in the classified section.

Posting a "hot deal" in relation to eBay defeats the purpose as it means loads of potential buyers bid a d the price shoots up.

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1339329328' post='1686839']
Seems pointless to me. If you're in the Market for bass gear snd someone on Basschat has the item you're after, it's easy to see it in the classified section.

Posting a "hot deal" in relation to eBay defeats the purpose as it means loads of potential buyers bid a d the price shoots up.
[/quote]

Hi Kevin,

I mean just from shops and businesses rather than private sellers & eBay.

For instance over the Jubilee Weekend Strings Direct offered 10% off and Coda Music offered £60 off every £500 spent.
Just thought it would be good to see this stuff in a dedicated place as there must be shops/online retailers putting up up offers all the time that someone would find useful but not know about.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1339330686' post='1686875']
you mean like the Affiliates bit?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/forum/32-affiliates-forums/"]http://basschat.co.u...iliates-forums/[/url]
[/quote]

No. A section for offers from any companies that BC'ers find and can post up for us all to see.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1339335885' post='1686964']
I think it's a great idea!
Guitarcables.com sent me an email a while saying that they're offering a 15% discount with a password on everything!
Deleted it though :(
Truckstop
[/quote]

That's exactly the type of thing I mean!

Good idea maybe. I voted yes but with some reservations. I really like buying off of or selling to bass players (most of the time). The moment i start dealing with a business the whole thing feels different.

And you have to be careful. Stringsdirect came out with a great offer the other week. If i purchased in a certain time period i would be able to buy from them at £3 a packet [b]more[/b] than i can buy in a local shop :happy:

If it were to happen i'd prefer it to be a part of the for sale section and not have any prominent positioning.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1339330445' post='1686870']
:lol:

I just bought myself the 32Gb memory stick. :)
[/quote]

Can I I advise that you check it. I bought one (not from that site, but on Ebay) and it turned out to be a 4 gig one doctored to say that it was 32Gig.
Best check it before you commit anything precious to it ( I didn't!).
Free utilities are available to check it out thoroughly.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1339412228' post='1687969']
We already have it covered in the affiliates section. Anyone who has something to sell can post there. Maybe we need to rename it...?
[/quote]

That may be the way to do it Kiwi, but are you happy enough for BCers in general to post up links/info to any offers they may find out there?

We already have it covered in the affiliates section. Anyone who has something to sell can post there. Maybe we need to rename it...?
[/quote]
I rarely, if ever, go there, so I dont think that suggestion serves me. Whats wrong with a trader wanting to shift something quickly at a bargainprice ? You can always ignore it if youre not looking.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1339417948' post='1688081']
I rarely, if ever, go there, so I dont think that suggestion serves me. Whats wrong with a trader wanting to shift something quickly at a bargainprice ? You can always ignore it if youre not looking.
[/quote]

Start looking there! That's what the section is for, perhaps it needs cleaning up and making clearer. That's something I have been meaning to do for a while!

[quote name='jonthebass' timestamp='1339329872' post='1686852']

For instance over the Jubilee Weekend Strings Direct offered 10% off and Coda Music offered £60 off every £500 spent.
Just thought it would be good to see this stuff in a dedicated place as there must be shops/online retailers putting up up offers all the time that someone would find useful but not know about.
[/quote]

I vote "yes" but only if it is for this kind of example above :)

[/quote]

I must admit that, as a huge buyer & seller of stuff, I never think to look in the Affiliates section here.

Are all dealers allowed to post special offers or clearance items here?

Only asking as I'm on the mailing lists for most UK retailers and quite a few luthiers and I rarely see any of their special offers listed here under Affiliates.