Why become a member? ×

GAS for 2012

Linus27

I'm pretty happy with my rigs ATM, but if I was to happen across an old aria sb series at a good price....

I'm also looking to get the new boss fb2 and am looking forward to seeing what is being released at namm soon including the new mxr bass fuzz deluxe

I am the happiest with all of my gear that I ever have been, and can't really think of anything else that I would want!

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1325347184' post='1482372']
EBS Reidmar 250 amp
[/quote]

+1

Gonna be getting myself one of those once Christmas bills have been paid.

Not that I need one. The TC Classic 450 is a super amp but just missing the EBS tone I had with my old HD350.

Bass-wise, pretty happy.

T

Work situation dependant, but the main musical project for 2012 is going to be converting the brick built barn into a studio - at about 15' x 30' that's going to be a major piece of work. :)

I've budgeted on the high side for that, so one of those dinky little Ibanez Promethean amps to save lugging 2x10 and amp head to acoustic gigs has sneaked onto the list.

If I can remove some of the labour costs by learning how to plumb, roof and plaster then my SR505 is getting a little old and battered now so maybe an SR5005 (if I can find one to try out first!).

Quite fancy a Fender Precision after somehow going through 10 years of bass without ever having one. Sunburst with red tort pickguard, rosewood neck and some D'Addario Chromes, yes please ! Realistically, i'll probably sell my T-Bird & Overwater J as they're seeing the least usage currently, actually that would raise be enough to buy a 2nd hand MIA P. Ampwise - my Ashdown ABM is plenty for my needs with one 2x10 cab so doubt that will change.

Nothing gear-wise as I've just tracked down a fretless Mach 1 Wal and have two good rigs (one electric, one DB). If anything I now have too much gear and I may be a net seller this year (the uber-heavy Corvette fretless has to go for sure)I do GAS for more gigs in 2012 as the logistic constraints of Rattlin Bone (we are spread from the South Coast to Scotland) plus some illnesses in the band kept us to only a handful of gigs after a flurry of summer festival dates. Here GAS is of course gig acquisition syndrome

Edited by Clarky

I have pre-ordered my antacid for next year.in the form of a Lakland 55-02 so that and having completely changed my rig in 2011 has exhausted my gas issues...

I do totally agree on the gig acquisition though!!!

I do really want to try a Wal fretless to see what all the fuss is about though and one day I'll buy a Sadowsky UV70 too

Edited by andydye