Why become a member? ×

Depressing things your bandmates say.

arthurhenry

[quote name='merlin' timestamp='1335903964' post='1637926']
ha ha its your round...
[/quote]

Fine - I'll buy you a pint of whatever you like for every song that you get right.....

...not bought a beer for a while :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1356603608' post='1911472']
And on a more personal level, during a pause in our sound check at a corporate event, the guitarist of another band on the gig walks past me and says, with heavy sarcasm:

"Ooh. 5 strings. Gosh."

I managed to resist the near-overwhelming urge to pin him to the ground and break his arms...
[/quote]
No need , I would imagine the bassist from his own band will do that at some point.

Emails go round that we need to learn In These Arms by Bon Jovi for a birthday party. Due to illness we are unable to rehearse in the week before. No probs we can wing it on the night. Get to the night and keyboardist says "oh I've learnt Always!"
Give him his due though he slammed his headphones on and keyboard on the iPhone and learnt the damned song. He's the technical whizz in the band but maybe reading emails is beyond him :)

A couple from history...

Hasn't learnt or even acknowledged existence of new songs for tonight's rehearsal:

"I have to read emails at work, I'm not going to read any when I'm not there!"

Followed by an admission that he's booked a holiday that clashes with a gig we've had booked for months:

"I have to use a diary at work, I'm not going to use one when I'm not there!"

...and then this, from a different drummer:

"Where is everybody?"
"We're in Sutton, the PA is all set up and the drum mics are on the floor awaiting your kit"
"Aren't we playing in Hayes?"
"Yes, we are, tomorrow night!"
"Oh, I'm there now, thought it seemed a bit quiet."

• 3 weeks later...

Drummer: Sorry old chap but my spine which as you know was broken in 3 places is giving me too much gyp. I'm going to have to rest for a few months.
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The best drummer I've heard for years and a good mate too - gutted (for him, the band and me) :(

Edited by chaypup

Me 'When are you free to rehearse?'

Them 'I can't do Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. Oh I just remembered I can't do Tuesdays either.'

Me 'Can you do Thursdays?'

Them 'I'll get back to you....'

Me 'So you think Thursday might be ok?'

Them 'Yyyyyyyy............No!'

Singer"can we do Can't get no satisfaction?"
Two months after agreeing we needed to concentrate on songs from this century to balance the utter sh*te he loves from the 60s

Singer" erm no, I don't have an eBay account" when asked had he sold our old P.A that he removed for that purpose 3 months ago.
Yes,am fed up with him.