Why become a member? ×

Depressing things your bandmates say.

arthurhenry

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1335440665' post='1631099']
Covers band rehearsal last night, guitarist says "Wow - what's that you're playing?" I replied "Urm ... the bass line ... as per the record". "Oh. I've never heard that bit". So now it's an added feature of the track, with him doubling up...
[/quote]

What song was it?

'We sound much better when we rehearse stoned'

Probably because our minds were consequently all on other things ¬¬

Guitarist: 'Have you learned Headbutt by the Kind Blues?'

Me: 'No, you didn't tell me to. Have you learnt Riot Squad by Cock Sparrer as you've been saying you would for the last month?'

Him: 'Oh no, I'll learn it for next week. Headbutt's easy, just follow what I do. One two three four...'

Edited by the_skezz

The singer in the covers band I play in is very charming and charismatic and gets away with saying stuff to audiences that would be toe-curlingly embarassing coming from anyone else.

He's been crossing the line recently though...introducing a Gregory Isaacs song he's been saying 'this was written by Gregory Isaacs who died recently...started with waccy baccy, went on to the strong stuff...don't do drugs, people!'

Which is disrespectful to the man, as if that was the most noteworthy thing about his life, and horribly patronising to an audience (I don't like being told not to do drugs by my GP, never mind someone I'm only interested in because they're entertaining me).

Had to get that off my chest. If you're reading this, Ray, you have a great voice and I love you like a brother, but...

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1335457448' post='1631567']
Dark, rainy night, no lights on at the flat where we rehearse. 40 minutes after rehearsal was supposed to have started, I receive this text: 'OK no practice tonight as I am tired. Thursday def. Come early.'
[/quote][quote name='discreet' timestamp='1335346590' post='1629481']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgVRJ-H8U[/media]
[/quote]

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1335365787' post='1629954']
Now the band want to put up each track in its entirety even though we had agreed all the previous stuff!!!
[/quote]

LOL. You have made the schoolboy error. Just because they didn't repy to your emails and looked at you nodding with open mouths while you explained it does not mean they agreed with you.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1335463538' post='1631680']
LOL. You have made the schoolboy error. Just because they didn't repy to your emails and looked at you nodding with open mouths while you explained it does not mean they agreed with you.
[/quote]
That'll learn me :rolleyes:

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1335477138' post='1632070']
'You will love this simon,its in E' (meaning standard tuning,as apparently the tuning denotes the key!) Damm bloody pop punk guitatists writing EVERY song in D!!!
[/quote]

And metal. After seeing metal bands I've come away never wanting to here the note 'D' again.

Fortunately it passes.

" <nothing> "
- when what he should have said was " I can't rehearse this week so don't come round to my house with all of your gear because I wont be in. I told the drummer after a gig I played with him on Saturday but the rest of you are telepathic ,ok?"

Edited by Dom in Somerset

[quote name='vax2002' timestamp='1335513622' post='1632315']
MAN calm down Bro.....
Its only a Bass thats fallen over, if you did not put your stand on my mic cable, when I'm packing up......What you staring at me like that for ?
[/quote]

He does have a point....

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1335512720' post='1632297']
Ah, D Minor, the saddest of all keys...
[/quote]
[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1335519246' post='1632420']
Not so much Dm as a pentatonic blues scale. For everything.
[/quote]
Homework: Watch Spinal Tap another 10 times!

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1335527654' post='1632629']
Homework: Watch Spinal Tap another 10 times!
[/quote]

Heh, sorry, penny's dropped, apologies for humour bypass and general slowness!

The title of the tune was something about a Love Pump wasn't it?

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='vax2002' timestamp='1335513622' post='1632315']
MAN calm down Bro.....
Its only a Bass thats fallen over, if you did not put your stand on my mic cable, when I'm packing up......What you staring at me like that for ?
[/quote]

yeah i love it when you come back running from the bar with beer in hand as you have 5 seconds before you play and you get the 'might wanna check the tuning as your bass fell over'!!

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1335534973' post='1632798']
yeah i love it when you come back running from the bar with beer in hand as you have 5 seconds before you play and you get the 'might wanna check the tuning as your bass fell over'!!
[/quote]

don't you check it anyway? ;)