Why become a member? ×

Depressing things your bandmates say.

arthurhenry

That line 6 foot switch thing always scared me when it was all our guitarist had. Nothing else, just that and the amp. If it went wrong (and that amp was very finicky) you really were stiffed unless you could borrow an amp.

But If someone was kind enough to lend you a Marshall then you say thanks for being so kind and crack on!!

Thankfully it never died at a gig. That much.

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1327260493' post='1508541']
That line 6 foot switch thing always scared me when it was all our guitarist had. Nothing else, just that and the amp. If it went wrong (and that amp was very finicky) you really were stiffed unless you could borrow an amp.
[/quote]

Yep, I played with a guitarist like that. I could never get my head round him playing without any pedals. As for back up, this guy had to be persuaded to bring a spare guitar let alone consider his amp breaking.

Exactly, fellas... Personally I don't see why anyone uses Line6 amps at all, they make me angry just looking at them. Even worse when you use gear that's so temperamental and only works with specific brands.. Ouch.

Unfortunately we've been booked on to a boatload of shows with these bellends over the next few months... That was before we knew how flakey they are.

I think the most depressing thing I've heard from the band internally, was the drummer.. "Well I did say I didn't have any transport for the kit, and none of you lot offered, so I just assumed that it was being sorted" *facepalm* Luckily, that was 3 hours prior to rehearsal, and not a show..

Just to go on with the Line-6 theme;

'I've traded my Orange in for a Line-6'

from a youngster guitarist who ran out of money. So sad. He's in my Motown band now, still has his solid oak Orange 2x12 but the bit of chrome tin with electronic fakery within that now represents his amp is poor reminder of past glories. Maybe if he gets enough from the Motown band he can buy a Matamp!

[quote name='BRANCINI' timestamp='1327542020' post='1513252']
" Lets do Alright Now, the punters will love it" followed by,

"Lets all wear matching stage gear, Orange shirts and dickey bows would look nice" :D :D
[/quote]

But the bass line is fantastic! So reserved yet so powerful. The guy was the epitome of cool.

The second quote is normally '..black shirts and red ties'... which is exactly what we and countless other function bands wear. So imaginative!

Oh, I get it now, Alright Now [u]with[/u] dickie bows. ok.

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1327572805' post='1513430']
My current guitar fondler use a line 6 amp and pedal combo.
It worries me.
I`m already making plans for when it goes down during a show.
[/quote]

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165521-crate-cpb150-power-block-150w-amplifier-l120-posted-to-within-uk/
;)

[quote name='Jayben' timestamp='1327249149' post='1508307']
With reference to the conversation a few pages ago about people making the time to learn new tunes for next r/h... If a band member says they'll learn 3 new tunes, then they should learn those 3 tunes, regardless of the circumstances (within reason, naturally). So what if you get in from work at 7/8 at night? Put the time in and make the effort - If you don't, why should anyone else?

True story from Friday's gig... We lent a Marshall combo out to the headliner's guitarist, who has a Line6 half stack (which had been smashed by the main support band), and appropriate pedal board etc. This conversation ensued between our drummer and their guitarist:

G: Ahhh, you've got Marshall..
D: Why, what's wrong with it? You know it works fine..
G: Yeah, but it's not Line6.
D: So?
G: Well I've got this footswitch that only works with Line6 amps, it tells the amp what to do
D: Yeah but you've got the rest of your pedalboard there?
G: Nahh mate, it won't work, my footswitch won't tell the Marshall what to do, 'cos it's not Line6
D: Ok, whatever. You can either do the show with the Marshall and have a few less effects and what have you, or you can cancel your show.
G: F*ck it, we'll go home. Best ring all our fans and tell them to not bother coming now.

These jokers bailed on a show because they couldn't have one or two FX, and let down the venue and most of their fans.. >< I'm just glad that not too many other bands do the same!
[/quote]

Who were the band ?

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1327572805' post='1513430']
My current guitar fondler use a line 6 amp and pedal combo.
It worries me.
I`m already making plans for when it goes down during a show.
[/quote]

Line 6 make those strange 'sound effect' basses too dont they ?

Edited by daz