Why become a member? ×

Life in the Old Dog yet.

Bassman Sam

I had my first audition in 15 years today and I got the gig. 3 piece band playing blues and '70's rock. The guitarist does the vocals and his brother plays drums and I am now the bassist. I am sooo made up by this as I suffer from RA and I couldn't play for 3 years. It's only been in the last few weeks that I could practise pain free. Today I got a big blister on my middle finger of my plucking hand and it feels like a medal of honor.

We jammed for 3 hours and it passed in a flash. I haven't played that long for ages and I loved every minute of it. :) :) The plan is to rehearse towards recording a few tracks for a limit run of CD's and doing a few fundraising gigs for charities.

As I've posted before, I don't think that I would have even tried if it had not been for this wonderful forum. Thanks to everyone involved in running it and for the input of all it's members. Now cure me of GAS.

I am now going to give a bottle of gin a good slap to celebrate.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' post='1298663' date='Jul 10 2011, 12:01 AM']I had my first audition in 15 years today and I got the gig. 3 piece band playing blues and '70's rock. The guitarist does the vocals and his brother plays drums and I am now the bassist. I am sooo made up by this as I suffer from RA and I couldn't play for 3 years. It's only been in the last few weeks that I could practise pain free. Today I got a big blister on my middle finger of my plucking hand and it feels like a medal of honor.

We jammed for 3 hours and it passed in a flash. I haven't played that long for ages and I loved every minute of it. :) :) The plan is to rehearse towards recording a few tracks for a limit run of CD's and doing a few fundraising gigs for charities.

As I've posted before, I don't think that I would have even tried if it had not been for this wonderful forum. Thanks to everyone involved in running it and for the input of all it's members. Now cure me of GAS.

I am now going to give a bottle of gin a good slap to celebrate.[/quote]

well done you.
chuffed to bits I would think,enjoy enjoy enjoy
hope it all goes well for you,
I am almost at that point where after a ten year break I will soon be in that position to
join another band,doing that kind of stuff,jealous me ? nah,hee hee

[quote name='Bassman Sam' post='1298663' date='Jul 10 2011, 12:01 AM']I had my first audition in 15 years today and I got the gig. 3 piece band playing blues and '70's rock. The guitarist does the vocals and his brother plays drums and I am now the bassist. I am sooo made up by this as I suffer from RA and I couldn't play for 3 years. It's only been in the last few weeks that I could practise pain free. Today I got a big blister on my middle finger of my plucking hand and it feels like a medal of honor.

We jammed for 3 hours and it passed in a flash. I haven't played that long for ages and I loved every minute of it. :lol: :) The plan is to rehearse towards recording a few tracks for a limit run of CD's and doing a few fundraising gigs for charities.

Good on yer, hope all goes well!!!

Maybe I'll be able to post summat similar one of these days...... :)

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I'm still on a high. The RA has reared to head this morning in my plucking hand but it's worth it for the buzz I got at yesterday's jam. If all I'm going to get is a bit of discomfort the next day when I play then bring it on. Up until now I have not played for more than 30-40 minutes due to the pain but the new meds seem to be bringing benefits so happy days.

Congratulations mate! That's fantastic!

Enjoy the gin, you clearly deserve it :lol: