Why become a member? ×

One bass to rule them all.

throwoff

My MIJ Silver series Squier. It cost me £250 on ebay (plus a 2nd hand allparts neck that some guy had reliced with a sander) but with a set of DR strings it knocks the pants of my others Jazzers which were 3 times the price.

In my case none. I would let them burn and claim on the insurance. Then i would probably go and by a SBMM ray34 Classic.

I would grab all my camera stuff, and if i had time, the kids ;-)

Just saying.

Edited by dave_bass5

Without a doubt, it would be the Chris Squire Electra style one that I designed and made out of a Warwick neck, MEC pickups, Hipshot bridge and tuners, John East U-Retro deluxe pre, custom made Shucker mirror PG, and a body I commissioned a mate to make for me and finished by me in oly white nitro. It's a fantastic bass that does everything I need a bass to do and it sounds wonderful. Anyway, it's my only bass now, so I'd be a bit f***ed if I let it burn :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1225083' date='May 9 2011, 01:51 PM']It looks lovely! Is it a real Rick?[/quote]

Yep (thanks Rich! :)). Feb 1972, checkered binding, pre-skunk-stripe, full width crushed-pearl inlays, walnut headstock wings, plexi trc, 1/2" toaster, screw-top treble hi-gain. Sounds and feels very different to most later Rics (and indeed many earlier ones).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='silddx' post='1225082' date='May 9 2011, 01:50 PM']Without a doubt, it would be the Chris Squire Electra style one that I designed and made out of a Warwick neck, MEC pickups, Hipshot bridge and tuners, John East U-Retro deluxe pre, custom made Shucker mirror PG, and a body I commissioned a mate to make for me and finished by me in oly white nitro. It's a fantastic bass that does everything I need a bass to do and it sounds wonderful. Anyway, it's my only bass now, so I'd be a bit f***ed if I let it burn :)[/quote]

I can't decide whether I love or hate the look of that, Silddx. I think I'm erring on love, but I'm really unsure. :)

It'd have to be my warwick, though it'd be a tough choice between that and my Trace head, it's as old as me, and they sure don't make em like they used to.

Only have 1 bass to save!

When I wanted it, I couldn't find one. Then one day I got a tax rebate for £X. The next week I got overpaid by £X. That weekend I walked into my local music shop and there it was- for £X+X. I bought it on the spot, despite having told work that they didn't need to pay me the next month. I then spent 4 weeks sweating, and sure enough they had forgot all about it and paid me anyway. The fates were smiling on me, and the ol' girl has never missed a beat since. I might have,but she hasn't!

[quote name='Big_Stu' post='1281650' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:14 PM']
This one, my only one righ now. It took me long enough to get it![/quote]

Wow, that is really, really smart. What is it? EDIT - a John Birch! Could just about make it out on the headstock.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='risingson' post='1281652' date='Jun 24 2011, 11:15 PM']Wow, that is really, really smart. What is it? EDIT - a John Birch! Could just about make it out on the headstock.[/quote]
Yeah, the last guitar he ever worked on. Scared of denting the bloody thing at the best of times. It has one ding in it, beat myself up for days about that one.