Why become a member? ×

What's the best bit of kit you've ever bought?

Len_derby

My Rat. Tried a load of other distortion/OD/fuzzes and it still finds it's way back on my board. In fact out of all the pedals I've ever owned, it's the only one to still be on there since purchase, although I only pulled my DD3 as it started acting up.

The other thing is my Matamp. Great sound, reasonable cost and I live an hour from the factory so I know they'll fix it quickly and properly and not charge me a fortune. I can't imagine ever wanting or needing another amp.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1215256' date='Apr 29 2011, 07:31 PM'][url="http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/all-effects-pedals/b-assmaster"]http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/...als/b-assmaster[/url][/quote]
:)

I have too much to think of.

The John East electronics in the fretless and compressor will pretty much pay for themselves, that said the fretless Warwick (and the fretted) was a damn good buy!

I reckon my all leather gig bag will end up being a bag for life, and the Trace rig and dual band SMX Pedal are the mutts nuts.

Mackie 1402 VLZ, bought second hand in 1994

It has done everything from being a DI box to being the emergency replacement for a kaput SSL at a medium size pro studio. It's missing a fader control, it's scratched, it's dusty but it just keeps on giving!

First bass I gigged with was the Wal (dad's also a guitarist / bassist and my starter bass wasn't up to the gig) and although other basses have come and gone throughout the time I've been playing, I can't bear the thought of parting with the Wal which'll be hard when I go to uni because as it's still officially his bass, I have to give it back :)