Why become a member? ×

'Nothing Else Matters' Solo Bass Arrangement

Stuart Clayton

Hi all,

I've finally gotten around to recording a new solo bass video - my solo bass arrangement of the Metallica classic 'Nothing Else Matters'.

You can check it out on YouTube here: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHvUv_w18I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHvUv_w18I[/url]

As some of you might know, I originally intended this piece to be part of my 'Solo Arrangements for Electric Bass' book, but copyright restrictions prevented this from happening. It's an arrangement that I am still very proud of however, and I'm pleased to have finally recorded a performance of it on video.

The good news is that the sheet music and an MP3 are available for FREE on my publishing site, www.basslinepublishing.com, so if you want to have a crack at it yourselves, you can.

Hope you enjoy it!

Stuart

Great work Stu, not sure how well I'm gonna manage it on a Precision with very heavy faults but I'm gonna take a look anyway! Sorry you couldn't get around the legal issues, but it's great of you to make it available for free

Cheers

Chris

The ONLY Metallica song I like, I have all the CDs and I can't bear to listen to them lol. Yours were the first Bass Books I ever bought and learnt from so always interested to see your vids! I thoroughly enjoyed this but the Simpsons theme tune is still my fave :) . I just really love the warmer woody GB tone.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stuart Clayton' post='1196318' date='Apr 11 2011, 10:30 PM']Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all the nice compliments, really pleased you've all enjoyed this video.

I'll practice up another one!

Cheers
Stuart[/quote]

I printed the transcription on Thursday evening and have spent a lot of the weekend trying to get my fingers to do some extraordinary things. Haven't had this much fun playing electric bass for a while!

Stuart, thanks again for posting this link; I love your performance and the arrangement and I'm determined to master at least a substantial percentage of it. Having laughingly tried it on the '65 with La Bella '54s, I'm sending you the bill for the new bass I'm going to need :)

C

• 1 month later...