Why become a member? ×

Sue Ryder Bass Arrived

tom1946

Just managed to stop myself from completing the transaction... phew!! I just thought to myself, "Why?!!"
I'm pretty sure I only wanted to buy one because it's such a good deal, and maybe because it would be another thing to nerd about with. I don't need it.

Nah, I'm gonna buy an AERO1 instead! Doh! :)

[quote name='Stuee' post='1104086' date='Jan 26 2011, 05:38 PM']Just managed to stop myself from completing the transaction... phew!! I just thought to myself, "Why?!!"
I'm pretty sure I only wanted to buy one because it's such a good deal, and maybe because it would be another thing to nerd about with. I don't need it.

Nah, I'm gonna buy an AERO1 instead! Doh! :)[/quote]
Did the very self same thing....thought ..this looks nice...only £60...mmmm....then I remembered I have just sold my Sandberg cause I was skint.......

[quote name='neepheid' post='1103991' date='Jan 26 2011, 04:40 PM']What have [i]I[/i] started you mean? :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119976"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119976[/url]

Glad it turned out to be a reasonable instrument.[/quote]

You did sir, my apologies :)

[quote name='malbass' post='1103853' date='Jan 26 2011, 03:29 PM']I have a defretted Squier Jazz neck that I've been looking around for a Precision body for - what would you rate the chances of my neck fitting this body without too much work required?[/quote]

If it doesn't fit let me know, I'm looking for a fretless neck for my old Tokai Hard Thumber (Precision-alike) :)

I nearly did too - the colour looks great. But then reality kicked in - I got an Aero1 for Xmas & I've just bought PhilW's VM Precision & I'm supposed to be selling basses to make way for those two. I still want one though.........

[quote name='Stuee' post='1104086' date='Jan 26 2011, 05:38 PM']Just managed to stop myself from completing the transaction... phew!! I just thought to myself, "Why?!!"

Nah, I'm gonna buy an AERO1 instead! Doh! :)[/quote]

[quote name='KevB' post='1105022' date='Jan 27 2011, 01:22 PM']I'll just wait until next year when the BC for sale section gets flooded with them and remind you what you paid for them :) Of course you'll all want more money due to the 'extensive mods' you'll have carried out![/quote]

Too true, will be interesting to see what the mods will be.

I think in a weeks time the build diaries will be full of these. I know if i really like it, in a few months time its gonna get a Jazz pup stuck in there :)

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='1105055' date='Jan 27 2011, 01:49 PM']Too true, will be interesting to see what the mods will be.

I think in a weeks time the build diaries will be full of these. I know if i really like it, in a few months time its gonna get a Jazz pup stuck in there :)[/quote]

ooh, jazz pup - now there's an idea! Was just about to sell some spare pups but will keep them for this now.

Gone for a Navy Blue one - it'd be rude not to. I've just landed an SX P/J from the States that got a MM neck onto it, and was just stupendous in the studio last weekend, so I'm firmly in the Bargain Basement Modders Club now... great for indulging in GAS on a budget... :)

[quote name='markstuk' post='1103941' date='Jan 26 2011, 04:14 PM']Order away here :-)

[url="http://www.suerydercareshop.com/category/172/Electric_Guitars"]http://www.suerydercareshop.com/category/1...lectric_Guitars[/url]

Wonder what the Les paul is like?[/quote]
Mahogany body, mahogany neck, with rosewood fretboard. I`d expect the pickups/pots etc to be a bit ropey, but spend £150 replacing those, and you`ve got a mahogany bodied Les Paul copy for less than £250.

Beats basswood Tokais & alder Epiphones for Les Paul tone.

That Goldtop looks very nice indeed.......................

I pulled the trigger on the sonic blue earlier too. They'll be wondering what the heck is going on! I'd love to get it router for an MM style humbucker but no one around here does it. Might have to plead on here;)
I've some adhesive neck blocks and a spare set of comp stripes around somewhere is my first thought- matching pair
:-D

[quote name='Johnston' post='1105452' date='Jan 27 2011, 07:23 PM']Get a cheap router of ebay and a top bearing bit. A bit of scrap for a template and DIY.[/quote]
That sounds good in theory, but would it be feasible for someone who has never worked with a router before?